What happen on your opening day?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

What happen on your opening day?

Post by Hoss »

Im tryin to be patient...passed on a doe walkin with a fawn...20 yds on the ground she had no idea... the mag had her in the sights. mabey tomorrow ole mossy hor :wink: n will show...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Had my pick of 3 does at 8:15 this morning while hunting from a natural ground blind. Closest one about 15 yards furthest about 20. Was lining up on the largest, but didn't see the other 5 that had come in behind me. They saw me though and that was the end of that. Nothing this evening except a guy on a Red Neck Sports car (4 Wheeler) tearing up the country side just over the hill from my spot. Oh well it was great to get back into the woods with xbow in hand.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
wabi

Post by wabi »

Exocet has a new string, new DB pads, scope checked & sighted in, broadheads sharpened, new camo washed and ready........
now I got to get some sleep and be out there in the morning when our season opens :wink:
wabi
dsr

opening day

Post by dsr »

I went out this pm with my son and his friend.My son and I didn't see any deer but we saw millions of mosquitoes and we felt the bites of some too.The young fellow with my son saw 13 deer.Some he spotted with his binoculars.He had 2 does and 2 fawns under his stand at about 25 yds.but he didn't get shooting (lucky for them as this kid is deadly).His bow was hanging on the tree hanger as he was scoping.He thought that if he moved for the bow the deer would spook so he just sat and enjoyed the scenery.
It's too hot for deer hunting.I like a little nip in the air and cooler wearher so if you do get one down you don't have to worry about spoilage overnight because of the warmth. Despite the mosquuitoes and warm weather it was an enjoyable outing. It's great being out there with my son and his buddy.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.

DECOY Question...

Post by Guest »

deleted
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

You want cool dsr, then come over here. Mini snow blizzard yesterday, temperature went down to -7 degrees Celcius. That'll get things moving in the bushes.

Grey Owl
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Went this morning, and thought we'd head in to our stands a bit earlier with the bright moon and all, and about 75 yards from our stand sites my buddy hear's something so we stop for a few minutes to listen then we carry on slowly to our stands. We get to about 20 yards of my stand and then all hell breaks loose, a deer about 50 yards away in the bush starts blowing like crazy but its not going anywhere, I mean its in one spot for about 5 minutes. As the deer is making its noise we make our way to our stands, I just get under mine and thr deer is still blowin, and then i hear something behind me, where my stand is, is about 20 yards off a bean field, then from behind me another deer starts blowin like crazy for a couple minutes, what a racket they both made. I don't know what went wrong, other than the moon lit up pretty bright, we went in fairly ealry and the wind was in our face so they couldn't smell us. I guess the moon does do crazy things.
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

Well i had 6 does, 2 buttom bucks, a forky and a littli 8pt. come under me. :D But not any of the big stuff. :cry: Also 10 hen turkey walked by. :shock: They are there just have to wait them out.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I almost hit three deer on the drive! Then on the walk to my spot a black cat ran in front of me!

I fed the mosquitos this morning. Had a grouse walk past me at about 12 feet. Stayed out all day.

Had another cat run by me on the way out, this one black and white.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Well Hoss I had to work. :cry:
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

the pa. opener went on without me i have been trying to catch up here at home the storm of three weeks ago hit me pretty hard lighting took out my underground electric service, and destroyed about everything electrical in the house, i had been without electric for nine days but catching up now so its about time to hunt.
BOB
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Well as for opening day I did not get to go, however this morning I could have had a nice doe but let her walk, this was at 8:00am. At 9:00 am I walked out and back too the house. Plenty of tracks but not that much action. Early yet so I am in no big hurry as yet too get one in the frezzer... :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bowhunter not logged on

Post by bowhunter not logged on »

My brother and I headed to our favourite location Friday pm. About 7 a nice little 5 pt walked out to me at about 30 yds. Given that daylight was fading fast it was a little furher than I wanted to shoot that late into the evening so I passed. He wandered over to my brother's stand and gave him a wide opend broad side shot at 25 yds. We waited a half hour. Good blood trail, easy recovery even in the dark, less than 200 yds. Loaded him in the truck and head home. All in all a great start to the season.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

congrats bowhunter.

Nice start to the season for you guys!

Mike
Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

Deleted
Last edited by Dan_DE on Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.