Suppressor Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

[email protected]

Suppressor Trigger

Post by [email protected] »

I picked up a Suppressor and also have a 315. The 315 trigger was never a problem but the Suppressor has a bunch of creep. I bought the bow off the rack and never thought to ask for a cocking rope or manual. Is the trigger adjustable or do I just spring for an aftermarket. Also, is there and aftermarket cocking rope that works well?
Boo

Re: Suppressor Trigger

Post by Boo »

If you think your trigger is not up to par, you should start an RMA and have it repaired by Excalibur.
If you are looking for an aftermarket stringing aid get one from Danny Miller 740 483 2312
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

X2 on what Boo has said!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
kjl

Post by kjl »

I was surprised of how little creep my suppressor has compared to my matrix 380.
micro suppressor
Ramcat broadheads 125 grain
.001 Black eagle zombie slayers 16.5 "
110 grain inserts, blazer vanes and lumenocks
[email protected]

I went back to Woody's and he explained that 315 is a different mechanism and the extra draw weight makes a difference. He offered to polish it but I went with the triggertech instead. It's money well spent.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Old long limb bows I have. One with a Boo polished trigger and a hunting version Triggertech in another and to be honest I can not tell a whole lot of difference between the two. I can tell the stock trigger in my other two. CHEERS!
[email protected]

There you go. If Woody would have done the polish it may have been fine. I was the one to suggest the after market. What I thought about gun triggers is that polished just makes a smoother pull but does not affect the creep. I may be wrong about that. It doesn't matter, the trigger upgrade was worth more than I paid.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

TT is money well spent!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I did 3 triggers on model 99 savage to remove creep ..My micro seems fine on creep so far ...
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

For five years now I have not shot a bow that hasn't had a Trigger Tech Trigger in it.
Got Spoiled with a few custom rifles back when, and that simply carried over I guess. The TT products are as good as anything I have shot in my long guns, and I am Damn Happy they came along when they did! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

[email protected] wrote:There you go. If Woody would have done the polish it may have been fine. I was the one to suggest the after market. What I thought about gun triggers is that polished just makes a smoother pull but does not affect the creep. I may be wrong about that. It doesn't matter, the trigger upgrade was worth more than I paid.

You are right on gun triggers I take creep out for many on their rifles ..model 99 sav lever is one with lot of creep....
as simple as the triggers are on excal should be easy to do it...I seen inside of trigger on micro at camp friend wanted his claws shined like chrome bumper ..

but its like a model 99 taking too much off is not good LITTLE at time ..on rifle if you bang the butt of stock on concrete floor with carpet on and gun fires ,you went to far..

Sprouls method is too not go that far... 8)

excal does not like us going into trigger so as BOO said send trigger to excal and see what happens first ..
Boo

Post by Boo »

sproulman wrote:taking too much off is not good LITTLE at time

excal does not like us going into trigger so as BOO said send trigger to excal and see what happens first ..
I agree with your last line but totally disagree with the first line. Taking anything off a trigger part is absolutely dangerous.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
[email protected]

I went out yesterday and shot with my friend who bought a Suppressor at the same time. His trigger was significantly better than mine out of the box. However my TT is significantly better than his. I love this bow and plan to keep it for a long time. So I'm guessing I got a Monday morning trigger and bought an upgrade I won't regret. We were shooting 57 Yards (don't what that is in Canuck) :? shot with a range finder and still in the kill zone.Not that I recommend that for hunting because it doesn't hit as hard but quite different than the 315.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

[email protected] wrote:I went out yesterday and shot with my friend who bought a Suppressor at the same time. His trigger was significantly better than mine out of the box. However my TT is significantly better than his. I love this bow and plan to keep it for a long time. So I'm guessing I got a Monday morning trigger and bought an upgrade I won't regret. We were shooting 57 Yards (don't what that is in Canuck) :? shot with a range finder and still in the kill zone.Not that I recommend that for hunting because it doesn't hit as hard but quite different than the 315.
In Canuck it is 63 1/2 Yards because we have better eye sight because carrots are cheap this time of year. You never see a rabbit wearing glasses. :wink:
[email protected]

OK, we were shooting far by American and Canadian standards. Trust me it hurts to say but you Canadians built a better crossbow than us. :| I never knew Canada had carrots.I thought Canadians eat Tofu , Fish and Bear. Depending where you live.

I hope this is all in fun.