old posts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

old posts

Post by dw »

these are some old posts i dug up. i thought maybe some of the newer members might find them interesting
"dw"

Post subject: why this forum is so great!Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm
i recently needed some strings reserved and am unable to do it myself. so i put a shout out on the forum and got several replies. the person who wishes to remain anonymous said send them to him he would take care of it. so i send them out with some cash in the envelope to cover time, materials and return shipping. well you guessed it. strings come back reserved, excellent job and all my cash back to. THANK YOU!!!! you know who you are. this is a great forum and i am a firm believer that what goes around comes around. i also have helped other members int the past. so i now have 3 new standard strings that come with the excalibur crossbows that i wont be needing because i use the fast flight flemish strings. i am offering them up for free one to each person that pms me. if you dont need them dont pm me if you really need one pm me. the first three that pm me get them. i just need an address to send them to. thanks
"dw"
A bunch of good eggs here, ya got that right DW!

Couple weeks ago "dw" was passing out some extra strings, I got one so this buck is named after him.

The story

I was up in my ladder stand just before 6am today. Beautiful morning. About 7:10 I looked to my right. (my bad side) here comes a deer.
Its a buck. I freeze. I waited till he passes behind the tree I am leaning against.

I grab the Phoenix snap off the safty, aim at where he should appear. There he is , walking in a letter "C' around by stand. He starts to walk faster, I wait for the opening. I open me mouth and say MEEEEE. He stops , I adjust my aim. The phoenix says TUNG (it has its own sound).

The Meat Seaker broad head lead the charge followed by the Gold Tip two. Its a hit, I watch as he goes into a run. He stops, walks away and I don't see him anymore. I hear the crash, and the woods is quite.

I wait a LONGGG half hour and goes after it. Blood is every where. I find him at 40 yard mark. Dead. The rack is eight point, not big but mine.
:arrow:
"you gotta love it"