To all those who have posted about getting their deer.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

To all those who have posted about getting their deer.....

Post by wabi »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure I'll miss posting to someone individually, so let me say it's certainly unintentional, but I'm still trying to fill the first tag, and my forum time is limited :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like another great season in store, and some great pics & stories so far. Opening day I decided I wanted a huge bodied buck for the freezer with a rack I could fill one wall with, but as the days go by I'm slowly lowering my standards a little. Not quite to the "if it's brown - it's down" stage yet, but getting closer :wink: Actually, the acorn crop is heavy & early here, and it's making it difficult to predict movement right now, but as the acorns are eaten the deer will return to food plots & agricultural crops and hopefully make it easier. I did find a pawpaw grove a couple of weeks ago that had several pawpaws on the trees. I checked it yesterday, and there was nothing but deer tracks and other deer sign on the ground. Wonder if the other deer sign indicates pawpaws work on deer like they work for humans (great natural laxative) :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

"DITTO WABI" with my hectic schedule I know I will miss giving Congratulations to some one....unintentional of course :wink:

Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

GaryL wrote:"DITTO WABI" with my hectic schedule I know I will miss giving Congratulations to some one....unintentional of course :wink:

I Probably will as well,,, :oops: but also unintentional :wink:

Congratulations to all you successful hunters so far! & those that will be in the next couple of months :)

Harry
Last edited by Sliver on Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

My PC was in the shop for 6 days so I probably missed a few deer kill repots.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!

I have to report that I had a kill yesterday evening - a nice big fat ground hog... :wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

W.W. CONGRAT'S on the big kill "a nice big fat ground hog" stewed proper it is some good eating :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

wabi, Well I haven't posted any kills yet, I'm starting to get hasseled a little by friends sence usualy by this time I have atleast 6 or 7 bagged up. But time is fletting and I need to get started. I wish you the best of luck in your hunting.
BigBear

Re: To all those who have posted about getting their deer...

Post by BigBear »

wabi wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure I'll miss posting to someone individually, so let me say it's certainly unintentional, but I'm still trying to fill the first tag, and my forum time is limited :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like another great season in store, and some great pics & stories so far. Opening day I decided I wanted a huge bodied buck for the freezer with a rack I could fill one wall with, but as the days go by I'm slowly lowering my standards a little. Not quite to the "if it's brown - it's down" stage yet, but getting closer :wink: Actually, the acorn crop is heavy & early here, and it's making it difficult to predict movement right now, but as the acorns are eaten the deer will return to food plots & agricultural crops and hopefully make it easier. I did find a pawpaw grove a couple of weeks ago that had several pawpaws on the trees. I checked it yesterday, and there was nothing but deer tracks and other deer sign on the ground. Wonder if the other deer sign indicates pawpaws work on deer like they work for humans (great natural laxative) :lol: :lol: :lol:
....I agree Wabi :D ..there's gonna be alot of pics and storys on here, so i would like to say congrats to all, and good luck on your hunts... :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Count me in as well. Congrats to everyone.
brayhaven

Re: To all those who have posted about getting their deer...

Post by brayhaven »

wabi wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
: :lol:
Opening day I decided I wanted a huge bodied buck for the freezer with a rack I could fill one wall with, but as the days go by I'm slowly lowering my standards a little. Not quite to the "if it's brown - it's down" stage yet, but getting closer :wink: :
Reminds me of a statement my brother made one morning when we were young. I remarked about the homely lass I saw him leaving the bar with after midnight the night before. He said "trophies are nice, but, it was getting late in the season and I had to settle for a spike" :lol: Hey, hunting is hunting.
Greg

Post by Guest »

ttt