Hunting with your son

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

Hunting with your son

Post by mdcrossbow »

Last night I took my son Jarrod out 18 and sat him in a tree where I have been seeing a few nice bucks. I placed my climber 25 yards from him and took my cam corder. We had a squirrel barking and waited. A nice 6 point came through , right under us. He wanted to wait on a bigger bck but I let him know I wanted to get him on tape with his 1st buck. He took the shot and and I watched the arrow just grase his shoulder. We made it intime for church. I wounder if the miss was defected by a higher power. :?: We had a few other smaller bucks walk through and had a good evening all in all. I realy like the post hunt talks. They enable him to understand what he did right and what to look for. Encourgement is the begining of wisdom they need to learn the right way and the ethical way to hunt.
Last edited by mdcrossbow on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Buck Fever DaveHawk, however that being said your quote"I wounder if the miss was defected by a higher power." Could be the answer :!: by letting him feel "BUCK FEVER"
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Gary , I'm not so sure. He's not one that thinks in missing or not. He is very collective in his thoughts. As long as he is on his med's. He said he couldn't understand why he missed. He said sometimes one of his shots are off on the targets. But that's a question I will need to ask him. I didn't think to ask if he was nervice. Da. :roll:
Last edited by mdcrossbow on Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

First step in the leaning process Dave. Sooner or later he'll collect on a nice one.

Grey Owl