Lots of deer movement

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Lots of deer movement

Post by DuckHunt »

Well, I've already harvested my first deer of the year or my first 3 for us pro-lifers. I got this one a little over a month ago. :roll:
It was close to dusk and I was in an area in Eastern Maryland with lots of deer. I had even slowed down because I was in an area where I expected to see them. This doe bolted out of the trees at the last second and I had no time to react. Fortunately she went low and got the steamroller treatment. All told about $2000 later and I'm ready for the next one.

In my area I am seeing a LOT of road kill over the last month. I actually believe it is worse right now than during the rut. Its hard to drive with the windows down in some areas because of the stench of rotting carcasses. I'm counting a half dozen every day on the way to and from work. At this rate, I'm not sure what the deer numbers will be like come deer season. Is anyone else seeing this?

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
longbow joe

Re: Lots of deer movement

Post by longbow joe »

Same here . Kinda sad what a waste. Beutiful fawn red colors too.sad seeing the fawns hit .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

had a bad week about a month ago... had a storm come thru that took out my small shed & wrecked the bimini cover on my boat. i drove my wife to work the next day & hit a deer. on the plus side we had 600+ pics of deer, many of them bucks, hitting our mineral this week and the soybeans in our small food plot are germinating. but, yeah, lots of deer movement right now.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I seen a huge doe dead yesterday. She still had not dropped her fawn
Saddle to see..hit on the hwy..
addicted to canadian beaver