Destruction Challenge LIVE!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikethemarketingguy
Site Admin

Destruction Challenge LIVE!

Post by mikethemarketingguy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am

Join us LIVE for the biggest #Destruction Challenge ever this Wednesday at 8pE / 5pP. Tune in to win a bow. Give us a share now and spread the word. Get an alert by texting CHOPPER to 313131 (to 393939 in Canada) Watch here: http://excaliburcrossbow.com/destructionchallenge/

MicroMan355

Re: Destruction Challenge LIVE!

Post by MicroMan355 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:17 am

Done. Loved it! :D

elkaholic

Post by elkaholic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

ok- here's my question

I'd like to see a presentation on the scope!

Kinda like to see what I should have on my exomax.

Any scope tossed dragged abused during these challenges deserves some recognition too!

I'm trying to ponder how its able to stay sighted in from all the things "ole Blue" has endured.

the tossed from chopper then smacked on ground-Hard not once but twice and still hold true.
heck my rifle falls over and I need to resight it in.

The one shot --fairly close after all the challenges but what about longer distances?

Have you had to resight the scope?

especially before hunting!

I'm just askin!

elkaholic

L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 am

For some reason now that the site has been up-graded, I get an " error " message when clicking on the hi-lighted portion of the post to see the video... ( I recently got a new Micro 355 and wanted to check it out ) Any idea why it is no longer available ?

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:33 am

L. E. Carroll wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 am
For some reason now that the site has been up-graded, I get an " error " message when clicking on the hi-lighted portion of the post to see the video... ( I recently got a new Micro 355 and wanted to check it out ) Any idea why it is no longer available ?

Gene
Same here 'error' message.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

birdinator

Post by birdinator » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:41 pm

never mind...just saw the date of the previous posts. :oops:

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am

.....I would like to see the same test performed on the Assassin series of Excalibur crossbows.

Anthony :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 pm

I don’t think it would hold up as well!
Micro 335 Nightmare
Trophy Ridge XV530IR Scope
16.5” Zombie Slayer Arrows
Muzzy HB Ti Broadheads

Mission MXB 360
Trophy Ridge XV530IR Scope
22” BE Executioner Arrows
RaptorTrick Broadheads

2019 Bulldog 440

Post by 2019 Bulldog 440 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:02 pm

elkaholic wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm
ok- here's my question

I'd like to see a presentation on the scope!

Kinda like to see what I should have on my exomax.

Any scope tossed dragged abused during these challenges deserves some recognition too!

I'm trying to ponder how its able to stay sighted in from all the things "ole Blue" has endured.

the tossed from chopper then smacked on ground-Hard not once but twice and still hold true.
heck my rifle falls over and I need to resight it in.

The one shot --fairly close after all the challenges but what about longer distances?

Have you had to resight the scope?

especially before hunting!

I'm just askin!

elkaholic
His bull eyes aren’t exactly small. They’re about the size of a softball or bigger. I would venture to say 4” in diameter or at least that’s what it looks like and it’s not hard to hit a target that big and although Excalibur’s are tough I haven’t seen anyone’s bow get blown up by a bomb 💣 but it’s said to be bomb-proof. I would like to see someone get TNT and then through it on the “blue bow” and see if it’ll withstand that! If it does I would YouTube myself running naked in my neighborhood. J/k but that would be a true testament to the durability of the blue bow or any Excalibur for that matter.
Proud owner of 2019 Bulldog 440 with Blue/Pink 1992 Strings. I named it after my 20yr old American Eskimo that I had to put down Summer of 2019. His name was “Boobie” and went with me everywhere!

elkaholic

Post by elkaholic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Thks for reply. Like the scopes are bomb proof too.

Like is stated, most scopes need resighting after falling over. Let alone the stuff u do to them.
Impressive!

Lol. I got a whole bag of the immatation m80 firecrackers. But I'm not gonna duct tape to my exomax limbs to test your theroy.

The trick to it,,, put the bow on top of tnt cuz it'll blow down not up. Thus kinda proving theroy . Lol

Gramps laughed at guys tryn to blow up stumps by digging hole under it for tnt. Not much happen to stump

He'd put on top and make a mud mound over it and it would blow it to pieces

2019 Bulldog 440

Post by 2019 Bulldog 440 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 pm

elkaholic wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Like is stated, most scopes need resighting after falling over. Let alone the stuff u do to them.
Impressive!

Lol. I got a whole bag of the immatation m80 firecrackers. But I'm not gonna duct tape to my exomax limbs to test your theroy.

The trick to it,,, put the bow on top of tnt cuz it'll blow down not up. Thus kinda proving theroy . Lol

Gramps laughed at guys tryn to blow up stumps by digging hole under it for tnt. Not much happen to stump

You’re funny. Yeah. Where am I going to get tnt from? Oh wait, I think I have a stock of them in my storage bin outside my townhouse. I bet that’ll do the trick. Make an IED out of the Bulldog 440. That’s what I have and I would love to see it blown up. OH, WHOEVER IS READING THIS MESSAGE! I’m ONLY KIDDING. I don’t KNOW HOW TO BUILD AN IED NOR WOULD I EVER! I’m 100% American’t. Lol. I want to see Dan Wallace drag my bow across dirt, mud, gravel and whatever the hell else like his blue bow. That would be cool.

Can someone please explain to me why we’re going backwards in tech these days? Why are we using bows like the 400TD for 2020 when 2019 we had the assassin 420TD. Last year version was bigger and better. Why would you go and make a smaller and slower crossbow?
Proud owner of 2019 Bulldog 440 with Blue/Pink 1992 Strings. I named it after my 20yr old American Eskimo that I had to put down Summer of 2019. His name was “Boobie” and went with me everywhere!

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 am

2019 Bulldog 440 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 pm
elkaholic wrote:

Impressive!

You’re funny. Yeah. Where am I going to get tnt from? Oh wait, I think I have a stock of them in my storage bin outside my townhouse. I bet that’ll do the trick. Make an IED out of the Bulldog 440. That’s what I have and I would love to see it blown up. OH, WHOEVER IS READING THIS MESSAGE! I’m ONLY KIDDING. I don’t KNOW HOW TO BUILD AN IED NOR WOULD I EVER! I’m 100% American’t. Lol. I want to see Dan Wallace drag my bow across dirt, mud, gravel and whatever the hell else like his blue bow. That would be cool.

Can someone please explain to me why we’re going backwards in tech these days? Why are we using bows like the 400TD for 2020 when 2019 we had the assassin 420TD. Last year version was bigger and better. Why would you go and make a smaller and slower crossbow?
For the micro people the 400TD is a big upgrade. Comparing the matrix to the micro is not a step backwards, not really anything at all. Many people believe bigger is not better :wink: , I'll never own a matrix again
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

Tinker

Post by Tinker » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:38 pm

elkaholic wrote:

Impressive!

That information will make anyone trained in explosives say, "WHAT?"
Read this link: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/ns-8/188/231
Explosives want to expand in every direction at once, placing a restriction anywhere around it directs force away from that restriction to various degrees based on what the restriction was. Grandpa was directing the charge by tamping it with the mud. (albeit not a lot unless the pile of mud was very large).

Think of a rifle cartridge, restricted everywhere but the open barrel. That is why the charge is directed in the path of least resistance and the bullet is expelled. So if the soil under the stump is solid and the charge is sufficient the stump will be expelled just like a bullet !

By the way, TNT (Trinitrotoluene) ain't Dynamite, they have difference purposes. "Brisance" comes into play in explosives selection. :eusa-popcorn: