Crossbow King Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tman

Crossbow King Target

Post by Tman »

I got mine Today. Sooner than expected. The only issue I have with the target is the slick trick tipped bolts are hard to remove.
Anyone else experienced this?
I also noticed that my slick tricks were shooting low and to the right as compared to my field points. About 4" low and 3" to the right of zero.
Is this normal?
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

In order to build them to withstand the force they have to make the center out of a little tougher stuff. The tougher the stuff, the harder it will be to remove a broadhead.

I dont have my Crossbow King target yet so I cant really tell you how they will work on Wasp SSTs.

I dont shoot Slick Tricks so I cant answer your other question.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Re: Crossbow King Target

Post by GaryL »

Tman wrote:I got mine Today. Sooner than expected. The only issue I have with the target is the slick trick tipped bolts are hard to remove.
Anyone else experienced this?
I also noticed that my slick tricks were shooting low and to the right as compared to my field points. About 4" low and 3" to the right of zero.
Is this normal?
Tman what xbow are you shooting :?: I use the SlickTricks with all my Excal's other then my Point Blanc which is not set up as yet. FROM my Excal's the slickTricks hit with the field tips.....Off a rest at 20 the same hole the Slicks leave. Also what bolts are you using carbon or Alum :?: With carbon should be no problem, with Alum. check to make sure bolts are not bent out of shape..
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wabi.

Post by wabi. »

Tman
SlickTricks shot low/left for me when I was using 2216's. After I switched to carbons with more helical fletch, they are very close to field points out to 40 yards (as far as I've tested them).
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hey wabi, how about the Montecs did they do the same with the Alum. bolt :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Tman

Post by Tman »

Hello to all,

I am shooting the GT Laser2 bolts with my Exocet crossbow.
Since my post I talked to the main guy at American Whitetail.
He said the fact that the target is so durable is why the bolts are hard to remove. Bolt removal should become easier the more I shoot the target.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Tman wrote:Hello to all,

I am shooting the GT Laser2 bolts with my Exocet crossbow.
Since my post I talked to the main guy at American Whitetail.
He said the fact that the target is so durable is why the bolts are hard to remove. Bolt removal should become easier the more I shoot the target.
Was that Ralph Harris or Al Rinehart?

They do have a tough core. It is NOT for field points however..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Tman

Post by Tman »

Woody,
I talked with Ralph Harris. He is a very nice guy.
I guess will live with the fact that my field points and the slick tricks do
not shoot alike. All that matters is that my setup is zeroed for the broadheads when season opens October 15.
Thanks for all of the help. This is the best forum I have ever been associated with :D
Take care.
wabi.

Post by wabi. »

Gary L.
At 20 yards with 2216s the field points were dead center, the Montecs were less than 1" low/left and the SlickTricks about 1 1/2" (as I remember).
With carbons fletched with 4" vanes or feathers all are centered right/left, but the Montecs very slightly low at 40 yards, and the Slicks just a little lower. I didn't measure, but I was shooting at a 3" bullseye, and the Slicks were in the bottom of it, so it would be about 1 1/2" low at 40 yards. Not too bad!
Tman

Post by Tman »

Wabi,
Should I be overly concerned that the slick tricks did not group closer to my field points :?: I mean from an equipment standpoint. My bow will stack the field points on top of each other. Many thanks.