Zombieslayers moose Killers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Zombieslayers moose Killers

Post by maine hunter »

As you guys know I have a moose hunt in September. Was wondering if anyone makes costum arrows on here. Usually I have big John make them up for me, but I believe he doesn't do it any more. That guy can make some great arrows :D . I like zombieslayers with 110 inserts. 2" blazer vanes. And green lumenoks. If you guys know anyone, please let me know :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
NEPAbowhunter

Re: Zombieslayers moose Killers

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Give Jerry a call down in Florida. His arrows are tough to beat.
813 545-0754

http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/ ... 53712.html
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Normous

Post by Normous »

With an Arizona EZ fletch, Blazer vanes, good prep and good glue you can make your own which is really rewarding I might add, and repairs down the road are a cinch.

While you are making arrows I suggest smoking a cigar ( that is so nobody will bother you while your making arrows because of all the stink around you) and have a beer or two, just be careful not to stick your blazers on backwards if you have too many :wink:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Good idea. it's not that hard ,just give it a try.
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I used to make and refletch arrows in the 80's and 90s as a part time income. Lately ive been buying factory fletched zombies from lancaster archery they come 18 inches or 20 inches with blazers in 92 and 110 grain inserts im sure they will cut them to a micro length if you want .l cut my own.honestly they are probably done by machine but are totally perfect in every way. Its not worth my trouble to make my own. Ive never had a flyer yet.the 18 inchers are sold with 110 inserts perfect for a matrix
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Normous wrote:With an Arizona EZ fletch, Blazer vanes, good prep and good glue you can make your own which is really rewarding I might add, and repairs down the road are a cinch.

While you are making arrows I suggest smoking a cigar ( that is so nobody will bother you while your making arrows because of all the stink around you) and have a beer or two, just be careful not to stick your blazers on backwards if you have too many :wink:

With the exception of the stinky cigar, I would agree with Norm.

I got talked into making my own arrows with the E-Fletch Bolt and it is pretty easy to do, cost effective and it IS rewarding (and fun).

There are many threads on doing it here, in fact I was asking questions about making them in some of those threads.

Once you have all the components laid out on the table you can do a dozen arrows in an hour or so.

OR, just buy a some factory BE Zombies, they are pretty good as is.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Ty guys for the information :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.