One week to go!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mighty Mooser

One week to go!!!

Post by Mighty Mooser »

The 15th can't come fast enough for bow opener!!! Still no rubs or scrapes here, but I know there are deer, as I have seen them!!!
I know where I can get one opening day and know within a two hour period of when its going to happen, but he last two years we screwed up that spot for shotgun season by going in and out in the early bow season. Nothing bigger than an eight point, so I am not concerned yet.. I will try this year to let it be for early bow , and opening day shot gun will be a blast. I will go somewhere else, to start patterning the deer with the game cams.. I am a firm believer the more you study their patterns, the more successful you will be!!!!!! Good luck to all....
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

And good luck to you Mighty Mooser. If you whack'em ya better stack'em. I like that one!!

Grey Owl
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

I talked about patterning the deer before, and now I have drawn some conclusions from the 2 game cameras set out! Deer can be reprogrammed or retrained within one week to start feeding within a set time period. We have 2 trails running parrallel north/south, about 80 yards apart with cross trails east/west every80 yards. I put the two cameras out 1 on the western trail, and one on the eastern trail, right around a couple of stands. Deer for the first week were patterning at noon on the eastern trail, and at midnight on the western trail. If I had to guess they are bedding between trails! After one week like that I introduced a game feeder at the eastern trail, right in front of the game cam, and set it to go off every 12 hours. The deer are now coming out in the first hour and half after going off. I suppose when they here the little motor going off it is like a dinner bell! Actually the pictures now are patterning the same deer, and they are taking on hour to travel 80 yards from the one trail to the other to feed!!!! :D I love this stuff, my next goal is to try and find a way to get paid doing what I love most studying and hunting animals!!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Way ta go Mighty Mooser study them deer and ya sure will be ahead of the game....well sorta, kinda like ahead :wink: :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

Only have to wait till Friday now!!! There is probably a good reason that the opener is the 15th around here, as I have found the first scrapes of the season yesterday!!! Finished making my trail with my GPS, and when I found the hot spots I had marked from last year, I knew where I wanted to put my treestand. On the way there I was teaching the My son, stepdaughter and niece about deer sign. We found a scrape, and I explained how bucks make these to attact does, and like moose pee in it.
I told them to make sure not to step in it, and I moved 15 yards up the trail to cut a branch and I heard the two girls giggling, and I turned around to find my 4 year old boy peeing in the scrape. I nearly freaked, but when I asked what he was doing, he said :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "I am peeing here to attract deer"!!!!!! Kids aren't they something else! Thank god I am not hunting over that scrape!!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I Don't know Mighty Mooser that "PEEEEEE Spot" might be the placr :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!