Big Shout Out to the People who Make Boofest Happen!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Big Shout Out to the People who Make Boofest Happen!

Post by amythntr »

....I would like to take this time to thank, both Don and Karin Katsumi for making the annual event called Boofest possible...

...without them graciously allowing us to gather at their homestead, in addition to all that they do in terms of time and money, there would be no Boofest....but more importantly there would be NO fundraiser and an opportunity to help someone in need....

...it is because of them that all of this is possible; forged friendships, meeting friends year after year, a chance to enjoy a weekend with like minded Excalibur sportsmen, participate in a shooting competition, have a go at the 100 yd shoot, enjoy a friendly time shooting 3D, sitting around and just talking about everything Excalibur,enjoying a campfire, seeing Dr. Danny Miller and his Excalambulance hard at work, meet Excalibur management and most importantly.....take part in a fundraiser on behalf of someone whom we could help, even if just a little!

.....Thank You, Don and Karin, in advance, for yet another Boofest coming up this weekend!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
racking up points

Re: Big Shout Out to the People who Make Boofest Happen!

Post by racking up points »

A huge thanks to everyone that made the event possible. I had a great time and it was for a most worthy cause. :D
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

Great post Anthony ! Nice meeting everyone this year and putting some faces of names to people ive spoken to over the phone and on the forum.
Thanks to Don & Karin for letting us impose on them for the weekend and for putting on a awesome event.
Nice to see Mr Miller and Mr Barnim there and to suck in some of there knowledge and ideas. ( And how Terry likes to carry 2lbs and handguns ! Lol ).
This was my first Boofest and yet I felt like i was part of some kind of big family renuion that ive always been to.
Thanks to Farmer for being my chofur and to Gaston for the awesome Dr Stirup up grade on the xbow !
Hope everyone made/makes if home safe and I will see you all at Boofest 2018 !

- Matt
Last edited by exocet200hunter on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Don and Karen
Just wanted to say A big thank you, without you folks this event would never happen. It was great to see a few faces from last year and meeting a few new faces this year. Hoping to see y'all next year. Thanks for having us!
[/img] http://s465.photobucket.com/user/trents ... a.jpg.html]Image

http://s465.photobucket.com/user/trents ... 5.jpg.html]Image
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks

Post by newbie »

Karin and Don Megan and Royce.... you 4 are AWESOME I'll just leave it at that as i could go on for a while.
Thanks and that just doesn't begin to express my gratitude. You guts all make me and everyone feel like family.... just amazing people.

It was good seeing everyone again shooting chatting and listening to some snore! (Diannnnne)
Danny amazing to listen to his wealth of knowledge as usual.

Paul.... you truly are a gentleman. Bud it was a pleasure i also cant express how good it was to visit with you!
I finally got to see Anthony when the grass got cut. :lol: also a pleasure.

Patty Norm Jeff Derrick we need to head your way and get together.... just not enough time it seems this year. (Derrick thanks for bringing your bow so you didnt outshot me with my own again :wink:)

Kathy and Wes... just make sure my room isn't Orange :lol:
I know i only mentioned a few but everyone you all are best of the best.... just not enough room to write about you all. Thanks everyone
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

First off . Thank you to our gracious hosts Karin and Don . Karin`s sister (don`t remember her name ) and Gena for all you did for the raffle .
The highlights of the night were
: Trentco`s son winning the car
: the real Flightattendant winning the fishing rod .
: last but definitely not the least Outback winning his second pair of custom undergarments . :shock: :lol:
Meeting individuals from this great big extended family is good . It is like a family reunion where you almost like everyone there .
To many faces to thank .
So for all that made Boofest 2017
Thank you
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Another wonderful BooFest Adventure has come to an end and we miss you all already!

Our family has come to love all of the regular attendees and we look forward to seeing our Excalibur family each year.

It was a delight to see first-time attendees and be able to put more faces to names. I hope the first timers weren't scared off by our BooFest antics.

We want to add our thanks to Don and Karin and their family for all the work they put into making this event a reality. We know that much goes on behind the scenes to make everything run so smoothly. We appreciate the wonderful campsite and the amenities, as well as the friendship and camaraderie. We know this comes at a cost in time, labor, and personal space, and we deeply appreciate the sacrifice you make for the annual Excalibur family Gathering.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Something we noticed - if you go to Boofest one does not age. The first Boofest held at Don and Karin's place in Newtonville Ontario was held back in 2010 and that makes 7 Boofests for us.

Funny thing is that everyone we met in 2010 doesn't seem to have aged any in the last 7 years.

For Patti and I it was a real pleasure seeing our friends again and most of all seeing how generous our members were raising funds this year for Annissa Cooper (Wabi's daughter).

To Don, Karin and family, thank-you for giving this forum great pleasure again this year.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

It's so hard to express my gratitude to Don and Karin for all their hard work and hospitality. Also, to Megan and Royce who take time out for a 'working weekend.' Karin's sister, Gena, Craig, everyone who brought targets for the range...thank you.
It's so wonderful to come out for my third Boofest and see all our attending members...and to see some of the members I speak to regularly and consider dear friends. You're an amazing bunch! :wink: :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I was finally able to attend for the first time.

All I can say is Wow!!! Impressed is an understatement with the organization of the event..

It was nice spending time with all that attended and I'll need to practice my free hand a bit more to keep up with Mike and Lou next year on the 3D course..lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
maple

Post by maple »

Got safely back to Ottawa from Boofest. Had to stop in Trenton overnight to recover and sleep. What a hoot!

Also I'm a bit hoarse today, I don't usually talk that much, but it's apparent that many of youze are quite used to it, and a good thing too. I sure learned more by listening than by talking.

Being my first Boofest I was overwhelmed by having to remember two names per person. Some of the crowd I met a second time and re-introduced myself. Seniors moments.

It was fantastic to meet so many crossbow keeners and addicts. The bows and upgrades were amazing to see. And thanks to Gaston for the Dr. Stirrup additions.

Fortunately I did not compete in the 100 yard shoot but it was neat to watch. Amazing shooting! For me it was aim about 20 feet high and hope for the best. I did manage to hit the 4x8 plywood backstop once. Gotta get me one of those cool scopes with the training wheel on the side that they all used.

Best of all was meeting such great people, and putting faces to names. Having joined the forum in 2002, I've made many long distance friends without having ever met them. This was the best way ever. What a hoot!

Don, Karin and family, it was a pleasure to meet you all. You made a lot of people happy and allowed goodness and grace to be a welcomed theme for the weekend. Thank you for your hard work and kindness.

Grant aka Maple
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

Just putting this out there, those jalapeno and pickle poppers ! Yes please !!! Lol
Tom

Post by Tom »

exocet200hunter wrote:Just putting this out there, those jalapeno and pickle poppers ! Yes please !!! Lol
Yes there was a lot of great food being passed around. I was smart to stay away from any food with hot spice (or one outhouse would be out of service).

Don, Karin, Karin's sister (sorry my old timers forgets names) Megan & Royce, Thanks for all you do to make this event such an enjoyable experience for all. This year seemed to be much more smooth and enjoyable then in years past and I would not believe that you could achieve that as other years were really good.

Many forum members helped out in one form or another, but I feel the need to bring attention to Paul (paulaboutform) and Gena (cookies) for all the work they did. Paul did a lot from helping Don with little things to looking after the range which included the 100 yard range. Paul was always willing to help anyone learn to shoot longer distances. Gena started before she arrived with all the treats she brought (hence her forum name cookies) too helping set up and run the draws. I believe Gena's biggest achievement is controlling the gathering inside the barn. Imagine, think of how us forum members act in this forum and then contain us in a barn, Gena did good.

Sorry but there are too many other people to name, but thanks to all that attended and those that helped.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

WE BE HOME !!! Made all flights!!

Thanks much to Don and Karin for their gracious hospitality. As usual you went way over and above. Thanks to the folks that put on and helped with the shoots. These were MUCH fun, and the Boofest 100 was a real eye opener. I enjoyed it much, and learned lots! ( hopefully Colton learned he should practice more) . It still amazes me that that many folks can get together and get along that well. Not a cross word, not a complaint. You folks are the BEST! I look forward to meeting and getting to see you all every time we get a chance to get up that way. Thanks to all the folks that brought food, I am sure that I gained at least 5 lbs.. Thanks Tom for making a kiddo's day Friday. Colton is sure proud of those salmon. And thanks to all for helping my bride Luanne have a great time as well. She talked all the flights home about how nice everybody was.( you knew she was going to talk about something :mrgreen: ) I appreciate y'all more than you can know.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You all were just fantastic! I loved every minute with you all! There was amazing generosity shown at Boofest! There was too much to mention but one that stands out is Farmer, returning his 50/50 win to the charity. That was very cool!
I really want to thank you guys for traveling so far to come and meet up. I truly believe that these Boofest meet ups bring a stronger bond.
It's really good to see some new people there too! I know some of the forum members think this is like a clique, but it isn't. Everyone is welcome to Boofest and hour collective hearts! All the good things said in the various threads is absolutely true. It is that good!
The only really bad thing was seeing people leave.
Some people just like stepping on rakes