One of those days!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

One of those days!!!

Post by tkstae »

Things could have been worse. Got to the stand late, because I left some gear at the house. Decided I wouldn't try to get to my stand. Afraid I'd jump the deer going in. Set up on the ground in a place I had sat before. 1 hr later three does walk within 15 yds. Heard a strange sound when I shot. The Doe jumped, blew three times, and left me sitting there. All I can figure is either the limb of my Exocet hit the ground blind or my arrow struck a limb. I found the arrow stuck in the ground at the spot she was standing. I'am glad I didn't wound her, it was a clean miss. Thankful for that. Tomorrow is another day.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I should have been hunting from my tailgate. Got into my stand well before daylight and heard a deer walking behind me around 8:30, but it wouldn't come out. I gave a doe grunt and stopped it, but it never came into view.

Walking back to the truck around 10:00 I jumped a small buck. He was bedded down only 50yards from the road and my truck. I grunted a couple of times, but nothing. 15 minutes later I heard him blow and take off from behind me :shock: . He snuck around to get down wind of me and that's when he realized what I was, trouble!

They'll make a mistake sooner or later, and I'll be waiting :twisted: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!