BOOFEST 100 RESULTS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

BOOFEST 100 RESULTS

Post by paulaboutform »

The 2017 BOOFEST 100 was a huge success. Many people brought targets and with the targets donated by Buĺldog Targets we had an awesome 100yard range with targets every ten yards out to 100yards. Thanks out to Tom and his brother for bringing out their rock solid shooting bench and to Anthony for his table.
It was great seeing how many people took part in giving 100yards a go....and folks, it's a long poke. We really have some great shooters. We took scores until 5:30 on Saturday where the top three shooters would shoot a total of three arrows each and the high score wins. Well, at about 5:28 I had some mechanical issues and wasn't ready to compete on time (although Danny swapped entire front ends of our bows for me). Our finalists were Rackingupoints(Derrick) homegrown in Ontario. Tremps(Marcel) from Quebec, and Flightattendant100(Paul's) son Colton all the way from Texas. Folks, these guys can shoot. All competition shooting was done freehand without any aids. The target used was a 50yard archery target. Everyone shot well but in the end.....YOUNG COLTON SQUEAKED OUT THE VICTORY....with the title and grand prize going back to Texas. Thanks to all who took part and a huge congratulations to Colton and to you Paul and Luanne for raising up such a polite and respectful young man. It was great seeing and shooting with you all. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
racking up points

Re: BOOFEST 100 RESULTS

Post by racking up points »

Paul, thanks for organizing this because it was a ton of fun. Congrats to Colton who did not disappoint; he's better than advertised. You've got yourself a great kid, Flightattendant.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Tom

Post by Tom »

Paul, again I would like to thank you for this 100 yard shoot.

Not only is it fun, but very educational to the shooter in how their crossbow shoots and the trajectory of the arrow.

I do have to add, many shooters came ready with an HHA on the scope but some shot without an HHA. Just to prove an HHA was not needed, flightattendant100's son Colton (aka, PaulBuster) shot the standard scope package and won. Since it is near impossible to set the cross hairs of a standard scope package to hit at 100 yards, Colton had to aim above the target then have his arrow drop into the scoring rings and he won. That is what really makes his achievement more outstanding.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well first I would like to say thank you to Paul for running the Boofest 100. It is a ball, and a very educational experience. Colton and I had a great time. But... I want everybody to know that Paul, Derrick , Marcel and Danny Miller all shot better scores than Colton in the prelims. Danny Miller opted not to shoot, and Paul claimed a technical disqualification on himself so that Colton even made the finals. Folks that is just how nice these guys are to young shooters. Colton is one proud kid but this should sure have an asterisk by the "Winner".
I had not come as prepared as I should have been, and we didn't have a 100 yrd. zero, and our equipment that I thought would get us there wouldn't, so we spent most of Saturday getting that. The first go at 100 was pretty comical. Colton did work hard all day, and his shots improved all day. That is what I saw that I was so proud of. He stuck with it and worked to get better each attempt. It would have been very easy for him to have gotten just blown away by the distance, and developed a poor attitude or bad shooting habits, but he never seemed to.
Thank y'all again. It was much fun and really an education.
Tom

Post by Tom »

flightattendant100 wrote:................. Colton did work hard all day, and his shots improved all day. That is what I saw that I was so proud of. He stuck with it and worked to get better each attempt. It would have been very easy for him to have gotten just blown away by the distance, and developed a poor attitude or bad shooting habits, but he never seemed to.
Thank y'all again. It was much fun and really an education.
Paul, both you and Luanne need to be proud of that young man. I did notice how hard he did work to get better and how his grouping was getting tighter and tighter every time he shot. Colton would listen to all advice and then apply it to his shooting.

Tom
Tom
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....well, I am left speechless for many reasons... the biggest is the "heart" of each one of these forum members...if the world would take notice this planet would be a better place to live on... so proud to see the sportsmanship on display this past weekend....

....Colton, just seeing how much fun you had made my 500 miles or 1100 kilometers of travel all worth it! :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

All Round AWESOME!!

Congrats to the Young Gun in showing up the Old Ones!! :lol:

Gotta say though, there's now been a gauntlet thrown! :twisted:
And if my shootin' eye is worth it's salt next year, we may well have to see what we can do to bring the Trophy home to Canada (where it rightfully belongs - next to the Stanley Cup that is!!) :wink:

Kidding aside - Well Done to All! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

Good luck boys! When Colton puts on another year or two, none of you will stand a chance. In fact, next time he comes, I'll put money on him! You ole gizzards don't stand a chance! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Boo wrote:Good luck boys! When Colton puts on another year or two, none of you will stand a chance. In fact, next time he comes, I'll put money on him! You ole gizzards don't stand a chance! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have you noticed his Dad doesn't shoot against him? 8)

Post by newbie »

Great shooting folks. I was afraid to go near the 100..... i knew enough when the young one showed up :wink:
Paul ill be your pinch shooter next year :lol:
Colton thanks for NOT going easy on the old folks. 8) :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I'm thinking that Paul should also show what a fine fisherman he has. I'm sure Colton would also kick our butts on the water too.Let's see a picture of that fish. :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

UPSMAN wrote:... I'm sure Colton would also kick our butts on the water too...
It's been my experience that the Young Guns often SHINE out on the Big Pond :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

UPSMAN wrote:I'm thinking that Paul should also show what a fine fisherman he has. I'm sure Colton would also kick our butts on the water too.Let's see a picture of that fish. :mrgreen:
How do I post pics since photobucket is changed up?
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Check out postimage.org quick and easy!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Tom

Post by Tom »

From all my years fishing, I have come to the conclusion that the only one that can out fish a woman is a youngster :shock:

BTW, the two fish hanging are Colton's as well. I posted these from Photobucket, I guess the amount of pictures I have is under their limit.

Tom
Tom