My Son's Illinois Buck...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RWK

sons deer

Post by RWK »

Your son done a mighty fine job, dad thought him well. Were in illinois did he do the deed, going to clay county in three weeks Nov8 thru 12th. hope we have same luck. Rich
perdrix

Post by perdrix »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: wow. big buck! :shock: :shock: congrats! :D
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

We ought to charge you Hoosiers $700 to come a take our big bucks back to Indiana!! :) I looks to me like we don't have near enough hoops to jump through yet to get a tag...HA! I heard that last year they offered 12,000 out of state Illinois bow permits and they sold out in several hours. We have some good deer here, now if I can just find me one to poke.
I guess I shouldn't grump at you Woody, my bow permits only cost $26ea., and I have two, which gives me 2 either sex tags and 2 anterless tags.
It just pains me to have to offer congratulations to a *Hoosier* for "stealing" one of our nice deer, but I guess I have to...CONGRATS! to your son. :D
And for those who might take me seriously, I'm teasing Woody because Illinois and Indiana are bordering states and are old sports rivals from back before they had deer hunting!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

You're just jealous cause IU thumps the Illini in basketball every year.. :wink:

We not only steal your good deer, we get some of your better basketball players too. At least according to the old Illini coach Lou Do the Hair Do Henson.. :wink:

Seriously.... I have heard talks of upping the Illinois non-resident tags to $500 next year BUT they will open it up to all who want to come and bowhunt. Non-resident firearm tags will still be limited.

I'll pass on the congratulations gary. You haven'tt outwitted that buck who's picture you took yet? Have you seen him at all while hunting?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Hi Woody.
I haven't seen him, but I've only been out a couple of times. I twisted my knee and I'm just now getting out and around and have gotten a couple of stands up. I have a ground blind set up also. I'd be out there now but the lightning and thunder are keeping me home! What's left of Tropical Depression Matthew is over us right now and it's been raining since last night. Depression is right...sheesh! I'm the one that's depressed. :roll:
I went and checked the trail cam a few days ago and had nine pics taken on a new roll in a couple of days time. I walked about 10 yards from the camera and there was a doe fawn that the coyotes had ravaged. A skeleton with about one more bite of meat on it, a piece of hide, and a couple loose lower legs is all that was left. I don't know if I have pics of them making the kill or not, but those 9 pics might prove interesting. Those devil dogs can really do a job on a deer. They also killed 3 rabbits in 3 nights right behind my house last week. Looks like they'll need thinned a bit again this year.
Take care, Gary
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I have confidence in that before the season is out you and him will meet up.

Good luck on him..

As far as the rain - we needed it BAD.. September here was the driest on record.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

Nice buck :!:How you going to beat that one Woody? :shock:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

gametrail wrote:Nice buck :!:How you going to beat that one Woody? :shock:
I probably wont...

He usually out does me every year...

But that is OK.. I'm happier if he gets a whopper than if I get one..
Woody Williams

Book

Post by Book »

Very nice...Oh yes sir thats a goodum.. Book