Red dot scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Red dot scopes

Post by warningshot »

Anyone use red dots on Xbow, I currently use a true glo open with 2 colour but looking to upgrade, any suggestion? Needs to be better in low light and rain
Carnivorous

Re: Red dot scopes

Post by Carnivorous »

I recently had a Vortex strike-fire II in the house. Really nice scope.

BUT!! I tried it in low light. Put it back in the box and sent it back. Zero light gathering ability. I recalled all the deer and Bear I have taken in those last few or first few moments of legal shooting time.

Nothing beats a good light gathering scope like the XBR or VXR for real life hunting situations.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

my vote goes to the vxr's :)
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

I have a Zeiss Z-Point going on my new Micro
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Thanks for replying, I'm trying to keep bow nice and light still not sure what plan I'm for scope!
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

I have the original three dot that came with my cub a,d like it. Bright days can be tough but it's bright enough to see. I like the quick poa with this scope and being in the woods don't need the mag or range. 3 dots sighted in at30,40 and 50.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I have a Hensholdt red dot on my Matrix 405, and I like it. It is solar powered in bright light and battery powered when things get dark. It's compact and sturdy. It's a military grade item, so it will withstand hard use.

It's also very pricey. However, you get what you pay for.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I really like my Excalibur Tact-Zone scope...It has Red and Green Dots! :lol:
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

with red dots they are a different animal.while hunting your eyes will adjust slowly as the suns light changes. with a red dot not sure if id trust just popping a scope out of a box and doing a quick check to see what it looks like.ive never had any problems seeing at dawn and dusk with a red dot scope even with cheaper red dots. if your use to powered scopes and magnification it might be strange at first. there are red dot scope models that have add on magnifyers. if your looking for a powered red dot thought i saw tru glo still makes one.i believe its the same one as the discontinued Horton 2x red dot scopes you can still find on ebay. i prefer no power for 0-35yds.