Some potentially good news.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Some potentially good news.

Post by chris4570 »

I don't know if any of you recall the deer I wounded last year, due to my poor judgement, well it seems as though he might still be around.

I just finished talking with my friend and he says there are a whole bunch of fresh rubs in the exact same area this deer was rubbing last year. Not positive that it is the same deer. Are bucks that consistant in their home range that they will visit the same breeding areas year after year?

I will be heading up to his farm at the end of October for a few days so I'm going to cross my fingers that I can get a second chance and make good on my misdeeds. I think about this deer quite often and it still haunts me.
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Chris, I find that in some areas bucks will rub in the same spots. But in other areas they don't. Doesn't seem to be consistant. Just what I have noticed over the years. Good luck, and it would be a thrill to get a second chance at that buck.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Spring

Post by Spring »

Chris 4570

I once lost a buck after a hit that should have put him down. I tracked him for a number of hours before losing all trace of him. I figured he was coyote bait. I felt terrible.

Two weeks later and 1/2 mile away I killed a buck. A close examination of the carcass revealled they were one and the same. When I caught up with him the second time I didn't recognise him as being the same deer.

Somehow he'd gotten the arrow out without killing himself. Two weeks later the wound was healing well and he seemed certainly no worse for the experience.

There is a good chance your deer is still out there.

Cheers!