Built a semi-portable target stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XcaliburFX

Built a semi-portable target stand

Post by XcaliburFX »

Hung my new Crossbow Bag on a (semi-portable) target stand I threw together out of some old scrap PT lumber, so it isn't perfect by any means. However, it should be good for archery or gun. BTW, I am of course talking about the target stand holding cardboard for gun sighting, ... not the bag for guns lol.

Took a shot from each crossbow; 1st shot a Black Eagle Arrows Executioner out of the Matrix 380 Blackout, 2nd shot a Black Eagle Arrows Zombie Slayer out of the Matrix 355. Both hammering the bag at 30 yards and both pretty much spot on.

Going to set both crossbows up in the sight-vise and see just how close I can get them to splitting hairs. lol ;)

Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
paulaboutform

Re: Built a semi-portable target stand

Post by paulaboutform »

Great idea and great job! I love it! :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:Great idea and great job! I love it! :D

Paul
X2 Looks great!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very Nice!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Thanks guys, the boards were old pressure treated boards I had that were probably 20 yrs old at least, so they were a bit twisted etc. However, they worked out fine once I cut and screwed them all together. Added wheels to the back from and old garbage can and rubber snubbers to the front bottom , so you can put on in the bed of your new truck and not scratch it up when taking it to a friends hoouse to shoot etc etc lol. Wallah, I can now transport it dang near anywhere, even lift the pull rope to the hitch or back rack of on a 4 wheeler and pull it across a field for those 100 yard shots lol. The eye bolts were hooks and I just pressed them with the vise until they made even loops around one of the 3 links of chain I used for each, this way I can put just about any size / style target on there just by choosing different links in the chains or even adding some chain or rope to them. Just put a couple of .85 cent carabiners on the bag and easy on, easy off and into the building it goes to save the bag from rot. Took some equally old outdoor enamel and mixed it well with the drill and painted it for the heck of it. Cost me nothing but time (well maybe a couple buck for the carabiners, since it was all scrap. lol :)
Assassin 360 Strata
diesel

Post by diesel »

very nice
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Very nice , may just make me one . always moven my shooting bench but that seems to be a lot nicer. Does it move on impact?
W.M.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Design shamelessly stolen. :twisted: Well done. What bag is that and where did you get it. Nice job. :D
Hank
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

W.Miguire wrote:Very nice , may just make me one . always moven my shooting bench but that seems to be a lot nicer. Does it move on impact?
W.M.
No movement at all, the swing of the hanging bag helps absob the impact, as well as the 1" rubber pads I put on the front seem to hold the stand in place well with all the wood's weight. I made the rubber pads from the thick rubber horse stable pads, so they have deep ridges in them for grip/traction.

Yes, this is much easier than move the shooting bench every time I change yardages to check the scope's zero at each.

If it ever does move any on impact I will just use tent stakes to stop it from sliding on the ground. But this being made from PT 2x4s is fairly heavy.
Last edited by XcaliburFX on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Assassin 360 Strata
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

hankenhunter wrote:Design shamelessly stolen. :twisted: Well done. What bag is that and where did you get it. Nice job. :D
Hank
It is the Hurricane H25 target, this is the second one I have had, (Dan) xcaliber turned me on to them a couple years ago. Ordered mine from Amazon. Comes in 3 sizes H21 = 20x20x10, H25 =25x23x12 and the H28 =28x28x12.
Assassin 360 Strata