How far can an arrow fly?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crossbow Fan

How far can an arrow fly?

Post by Crossbow Fan »

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how far an arrow can fly, shot from a Excal crossbow. (Maybe Exocet or Exomag.)
Has anyone an idea or tested it?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Futher then you can see!!! :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Need Large Field

Post by Guest »

Crossbow Fan,

Here's what you do: Buy a 2004 EMAX from bj, cock the bow, load it, hand it to a friend, have him hold it at a 45 deg. angle, then you run out to about 600+ yards, call him on a cell phone and tell him to loose the bolt. If you're lucky you'll see where it lands. :twisted: :lol:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I really don't want ta do this but I just have too :!: Image That could be a very dangerousstunt so by no means do it Crossbow Fan :!: :!: :!:

If you will do a WEB search under archery you will find a few site on competition archery that do distance shooting, both from a crossbow and also longbow. This would be where too get your answer this is not however using an EXCALIBUR crossbow.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

It will really surprise you how far an arrow can be launched. I once tried it with a 68# recurve in an open meadow. Shooting a very heavy arrow at about a 45 degree angle, I found the arrow about 550 paces from the orgin of the shot. The speed out of that bow with that arrow was only around 185fps so my guess is that a faster lighter arrow from a heavy crossbow would at least match and probably exceed that. Realize that 550 paces is over a quarter mile! :shock:
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Crossbow Fan

Post by Crossbow Fan »

Thank you, guys!