Stripped screw on my Trigger tech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lunghit

Stripped screw on my Trigger tech

Post by lunghit »

Well I realized anti seize on my bolts was not the best thing so I decided to use loc tite. Spent an hour breathing acetone and cleaning all the anti seize off the bolts and all screw holes. Assembled everything back up and the very last scope housing screw on my TT stripped out. I tried to tap it but no good. I hope I can send it in for a fix. Didn't take much pressure for the threads to strip out.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
Boo

Re: Stripped screw on my Trigger tech

Post by Boo »

Call Danny Miller. He'll give you the low down on what to do. It is quite repairable. 740 483 2312
Some people just like stepping on rakes
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Thanks Boo but I called TT right after this post and they will repair it. It's already shipped and on its way. Didn't even think of Danny Miller. Thanks.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

ive changed out a boat load of triggers and never stripped out an original Excalibur trigger. ive stripped out 2 trigger techs. the only thing i can think of is that the T.T. screws come with loc tite on them or the housings are made of a different grade metal or maybe how they are tapped. Danny can walk you through how to tap them to 10-32 but finding exact replacements in the same factory length are an issue finding them locally. i got stainless allen button head screws from bolt depot online.as a future upgrade i hope Excal changes up to the bigger 10-32 size screws and countersunk into the base for a solid fit. glad they will get you a replacement!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

lunghit wrote:Thanks Boo but I called TT right after this post and they will repair it. It's already shipped and on its way. Didn't even think of Danny Miller. Thanks.
....TTT is top notch in their commitment to their customers!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Just got a call from Mark at Trigger Tech and they replaced the housing on the trigger and it's already on it's way back to me. Great service and a reason to always use one of their triggers. Thanks to TT for fixing my screw up at no cost to me.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

Next time heat the screw heads lightly with a torch style lighter before trying to loosen them. Heat breaks the locktite bond.
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Thanks for the tip Thack but I was installing the screws when it stripped out. I will give it a slight snug next time.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Everything is back together and shooting great. Thanks TT for the great customer service and getting the trigger back to me quickly.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30