Rocky boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

stump

Rocky boots

Post by stump »

I'm thinking of buying a pair of Rocky boots, 1,000 g of thinsulite, and wonder if anyone on the forum has or had a pair, and if so, would you recommend them.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Bought a pair three years ago. Been with me on Coon hunts, Fall Turkey hunts, Deer Hunts, and this November to Iowa for Pheasant. There great. Honestly I can't find any fault with them.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I have owned several pairs of Rocky boots over the years and will never buy them again! The soles disintegrate and Rocky will not stand behind them..........
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

My latest Rocky's are junk!! The eyelets all pulled out, and the bootsmith I was sent to destroyed the Gore-tex membrane when repairing them....not impressed!

Their quality has gone down hill over the years IMHO. Go with Irish Setter.

Mike
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I have 3 pairs. I have had a pair of Cornstalkers for 5 yrs now and they were well worth it. I still wear them, but the Gortex has worn out. I just bought a new pair this year and also have a pair of knee high 1000gr. thisulate rubber boots. I would recomend Rocky Boots to anyone. Just my experience.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

GonHuntin wrote:I have owned several pairs of Rocky boots over the years and will never buy them again! The soles disintegrate and Rocky will not stand behind them..........
Same problem aswell, I've have 3 pairs and they all leak , never again will I buy Rocky. I do not ware hunting boots other then when I hunt , none of them lasted...BT
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
DeerHunter850

Post by DeerHunter850 »

I agree with Red Label........Irish Setter boots are great!
stump

Post by stump »

Thank you guys. This forum is a great resource.

Post by Guest »

I live in Athens, Ohio not far from wear the Rocky plant is in Nelsonville, Ohio. All their boots used to be made here, but a little over a year ago they sent all their manufacturing out of country(China I believe). That could explain the reason why quality has gone downhill. I have not owned them, but a couple guys in my Marine unit had them and liked them.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Red Label wrote:My latest Rocky's are junk!! The eyelets all pulled out, and the bootsmith I was sent to destroyed the Gore-tex membrane when repairing them....not impressed!

Their quality has gone down hill over the years IMHO. Go with Irish Setter.

Mike
I've had Irish Setter 1000 gr boots for 3 seasons now and my little ttootsies are toastie all the time.

If I may suggest whateverboot you buy wear them for a couple of days to open the pores and then put minkoil on them. Slap the minkoil on then hit them with a blow dryer. Repeat until they will not absorb anymore. Your bootswill stay dry and the leather will last for many seasons.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
stump

Post by stump »

Thanks for the advice A.W., I've decided on Irish Setters
Sam In Northern ont

Post by Sam In Northern ont »

I just bought a pair before the archery season so far they served me well both moose came out of wet areas my feet stayed dry and moisture free. Sam
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Check out the Irish Setter 1 800 471- 8624 ext. 18 www.irishsetterboots.com Frederick :D
Frederick.. The Blue Star
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Sounds like they are having a quality problem. With some of us thinking there great,and others hating them. Mine where bought 3 yrs. ago. Sounds like when its time to but another pair I better shop around.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

This is what you can look forward to if you buy Rocky boots! Rocky does not stand behind them if they are over a year old!

I can understand wear on the soles, but these come apart in chunks.......