Friend of mine bought a ravin crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Friend of mine bought a ravin crossbow

Post by amythntr »

hunter with MS wrote:No you don't need a doctors note the crossbow is viewed as a muzzle loader max draw wt is 200 lbs limb width min 17 , A doctors note is needed to hunt with draw lock devices in the archery season . With that you need to get a state permit ,
....I believe you are correct...you must have experience with the type of laws being from The People's Republic of Massachusetts!

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:Rules .......rules rules......no wonder new people dont want to hunt .

....ifferit be up to me...I'd buy me a 200 acre camp in the woods of Maine...and tell Metropolitan Area of The People's Republic of NJ :twisted: to take their rules and cover their "naughty bits" with them! :shock: :wink:

...."Maine, the way life should be!"

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I don't live far from the New York border where I grew up I could pretty much have thrown a stone over the border .
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

I looked at one at the local bass pro, and it seemed like a nice bow. At the time the archery range was closed so I couldn't shoot it, however, shouldering the bow I noticed how short the stock was and trying to get a comfortable hold and proper eye relief just didn't work. It seems that the scope doesn't have enough room to move away from your eye so for me I had to basically hold my check at the very end of the butt, not comfortable for me. I don't think spending 2000 dollars on this bow is justified considering I paid 400 for my griz cub which is a grey bow.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

It may be a good bow but their advertising for it turned me off. They compared it to a rifle. And, you can only use their arrows. :roll:
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Nothing wrong with trying different brands. They all have there advantages and disadvantages.. :)
While I'll agree with you Jeff, one will be hard pressed to find a crossbow that fits the human body better than an Excalibur. I always compare Excaliburs to a good 20 gauge side by side bird gun.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

agingcrossbower wrote:It may be a good bow but their advertising for it turned me off. They compared it to a rifle. And, you can only use their arrows. :roll:
I agree. I thought and think this type of advertising is NOT helpful. I don't know the factors involved so I won't pass judgement but having that Ravin ad in Crossbow Magazine was disappointing to me. Still, I don't know the factors involved.
coop

Post by coop »

I have the R9 and love it. Cant wait to get after WT's in November.
M405+Swhacker=Awesome