New Quiver for Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SummitSitter

New Quiver for Matrix 355

Post by SummitSitter »

Hey guys...I'm looking to swap out my stock Excalibur quiver for a new one. I have a Munchmount and I'm looking for recommendations for a decent quiver. I'm leaning towards a Kwikee quiver but wanted to see what others to consider. If you can post some pics of our quivers along with recommendations I would appreciate it! Happy hunting!!!
Normous

Re: New Quiver for Matrix 355

Post by Normous »

Hi, ever since the early 90's only one quiver has been attached to each and every Excalibur that I owned and that is the Kwik 3 at 5.6 oz. I think your choice is a good one.

Just before Christmas I noticed Kwikee Quiver has a nice Holiday sales event with the Kwik 3 going for #12.99 and $5 shipping plus 12 free field points and that was a good time to stock up on spares in case any new Xbow looks lonely.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

X2 on the Kwikee quivers. That's all I have been using for years. I use the mount attached to the lag bolt and bang that into the tree and take my quiver off every time I am on stand.

http://www.kwikeekwiver.com/
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

I've been using Kwikee quivers on my compound bows for years. What advantages, if any, do you see with the Kwikee quivers verses the Excalibur quivers?
Normous

Post by Normous »

I prefer the Kwik 3 light weight over the Excal quiver and secondly, their quiver brackets can be could in bulk at a low cost. Each of my Summit Climbers has a Kwik bracket attached for easy use.
Kwikee also offers many finishes to choose from and that can't be noted with other quiver manufactures.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Just as I was reading this post I was installing my KK3 on "Oofah"....I have one on both of my Excalibur XB's and love it...lightweight and much better designed than the Excal quiver...you cannot go wrong!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

SummitSitter wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 pm
I've been using Kwikee quivers on my compound bows for years. What advantages, if any, do you see with the Kwikee quivers verses the Excalibur quivers?
I had them on hand from my vertical bow days when I started with crossbow hunting. Just used to using them I guess. Never really gave it a second thought. I have extra mounts and brackets plus 3 arrow quivers and 4 arrow quivers. I find myself using the four arrow quiver whenever I go hunting. I actually have a Kwikee bracket attached to both my Excaliburs near the limbs and mount my quiver on the bow so the arrows run the length of the limbs. This is how I carry my crossbow and quiver into the woods when hunting. I take the quiver off the bow once I am on stand and use the bracket with the lag screw to mount it on the tree I am in. Here are a couple of pics of the bracket and quiver on my Bulldog 380. Might not be pretty but it works for me.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I used a Kwikee quiver for years but about 5 years ago I switched to the Bohning 4 arrow quiver and I like it better. I still use the kwikee screw in tree bracket and put the Bohning brackets on them. Both are great quivers and work great.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

I wound up going with a Kwikee 4 arrow quiver. Is it me, or does it take a lot of effort to clip your arrows into the arrow holders?
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

It's not just you...
Them arrows ain't gonna rattle or come loose on their own.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
munch

Post by munch »

Have to agree with norm I love the little 3 arrow quivers and bought 2 more yesterday. When using a munchmount the arrows are the same width as the scope
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Back strap

Post by Back strap »

Air curve quickie quiver 3 on my Munch mount. Maybe the lightest quiver made not sure. But it is lighter than original kwikee quiver.
Matrix 405// Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ south shore archery 18 in spinal tapps/ plastic nock/ sk300 vanes/ 92 grain insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY