100gr Spitfire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tennessee Rebel

100gr Spitfire

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

Been shooting 150gr Slick Trick X-Bow tricks on Quills out of my Nightmare335 and they shoot pretty good but they are really hard on my target. How would the Quill shoot with 100gr Spitfires?
W.Miguire

Re: 100gr Spitfire

Post by W.Miguire »

I don't think a diff. broadhead will solve you problem . you should take a rag with some acetone and wipe off the decales on your arrows. this will help some and get yourself a pare of Danny Miller arrow pullers they work very well 740 483 2312 is his #
Tennessee Rebel

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

W.Miguire wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:23 pm
I don't think a diff. broadhead will solve you problem . you should take a rag with some acetone and wipe off the decales on your arrows. this will help some and get yourself a pare of Danny Miller arrow pullers they work very well 740 483 2312 is his #
Its not that they are hard to pull, its that the slick tricks really cut the target up quickly. I'm using a Rhinehart target $$$ :lol:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I know what you are sayen . mine shoot threw my targets and unscrew the head and remove the arrow. some targets won't let you do that .
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Spitfire shoot plenty accurate, use field pt in bag then switch over. As long as yer arrow weighs 350 gr yer good to go, i prefer abit more weight while usin Mech.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Tennessee Rebel wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:28 pm
W.Miguire wrote:
Its not that they are hard to pull, its that the slick tricks really cut the target up quickly. I'm using a Rhinehart target $$$ :lol:
.....TR....a Spitfire is an expandable BH.....I don't believe that you want to shoot and expandable do you?....they do make practice BH's or you can JB Weld together a couple of old SF's and use them as practice BH's....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Grim reaper expandable broadheads includes a practice head that looks more like a Spitfire. its a one piece solid practice head. i would get one of those. a family member has killed a bunch of deer with the regular spitfires. they hit same as field points for him.minute of deer is a 6 inch pie plate. ive never seen a mechanical broadhead shoot that far off but i always sacrifice one head to be sure.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:09 pm
Tennessee Rebel wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:28 pm
W.Miguire wrote:
.....TR....a Spitfire is an expandable BH.....I don't believe that you want to shoot and expandable do you?....they do make practice BH's or you can JB Weld together a couple of old SF's and use them as practice BH's....

Anthony :)
idea ON spitfires is good and the glued blades do not go far into target .
I use SF practice point it is easy to remove out of my old pants in bag target...