Great Time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Great Time

Post by LongCarbine »

Just got back from my yearly mule-deer hunt. Had a great time . For the first few days it was warm . About 65 and at night it only got down to the low 50's saw 15 different bucks . One was a B & C for sure . I got within 80 yards but not close enough . I spent the next 4 days after him but never saw him again.Then the rains came and then the snow . We spent 2 1/2 days in the wall tent . Thank God for our new wood stove . We sat around in our T-shirts play cards and telling stories , it was almost as much fun as hunting. When the weather broke we had only a few days left so we set our sights a little lower . My daughter was the first to score . She shot a spike with my old Axiom ( Her new micro went down on the first day) It was her first deer .I don't know who had a bigger smile , me , her husband or her . Later that day her husband shot a fork horn , We tracked it a ways then left it alone for the night. The next day I shot a spike at first light and packed it out then went and found the fork horn 70 yards from were we stopped the night before.We sat around camp the rest of the day . The next day we were meet by another snow storm . Boy was that fun packing up camp and driving 30 miles to lower elevation were it turn to rain .It sure was white knuckle time. All in all after looking back we saw a least 35 different bucks mostly small ones , tons of doe's and elk , some mighty fine bulls and a few moose . Now I'm going to package the meat and start planing for next years hunt :D
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
mr meat

Re: Great Time

Post by mr meat »

Congrats!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

you just forgot to say where you were hunting-

great write-up - you got plenty of good meals

great times to eating and grilling ahead
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Big congrats to you both.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

elkaholic wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 pm
you just forgot to say where you were hunting-

great write-up - you got plenty of good meals

great times to eating and grilling ahead
Bighorn mountains Wyoming
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
mikej

Post by mikej »

Congrats
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Sonds like a great time. Congrats!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats to y'all on the enjoyable hunt. I think those are the best Hunts wid yer family n friends all together. I envy y'all fer that, since my Pa passed away yrs ago n my boys never come to see us. I jus hunt alone cept when my furbabys come to help their old Pa.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

vixenmaster wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 pm
Congrats to y'all on the enjoyable hunt. I think those are the best Hunts wid yer family n friends all together. I envy y'all fer that, since my Pa passed away yrs ago n my boys never come to see us. I jus hunt alone cept when my furbabys come to help their old Pa.
Thank's . It was the first time I got to hunt with my daughter I hope it's not the last. My son has a few more years in the army I hope I'm around so the whole family could go together one year .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

congrats on a successful trip but i'm curious about what happened to ur daughter's micro. it should have been fine if u towed it up the mountain behind the vehicle :wink:
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Goose52 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:04 am
congrats on a successful trip but i'm curious about what happened to ur daughter's micro. it should have been fine if u towed it up the mountain behind the vehicle :wink:
Our mistake was we walked it up the mountain :lol: We were sitting there watching 2 small bucks about 300 yards below us and it started popping like a .22 going off. . Her husband had the guts to uncock it . The left limb must not like mule-deer hunting . She contacted Excalibur when we came off the mountain ,sounds like they will take care of things like they always do. She wants to shoot one with it so I might have the start of next years camp!
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330