game fenceing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terry1

game fenceing

Post by terry1 »

Well today I was out checking the growth on my wheat fields and notice the land owner on one side of my place was putting up High game fenceing around his place. I was shocked he only has a few hundred acres of land does not seem real hard or sporting to kill deer on a few hundred acres when they can't run far side to side. It will not affect my hunting much as my land and the whole area around it has as many or more deer than his place does at this time. I hate seeing all these fences going up penning the wild game in making them farm animals. I never in 100 years thought I would see high fenceing around my land but I guess I was wrong. I wish the game departments would outlaw or change the laws on fenceing as in 50 years who knows how much land will be left without high fence if this keeps catching on. I know everyone likes to take big bucks but growing one in a pen and and shooting it just does not sound as fun too me. Maybe if he had 1000's of acres high fenced it still could be called hunting even though the odds would be 10 times better for taking deer ,still but a few hundred acres just seems to take the sport out of hunting. I no one thing every time I see him hauling around big buck pictures he took on his place I will just say must be hard finding and killing those big bucks in your pen. Its hard for me to give respect to someone hunting that way.
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

But remember Terry1, that those high fences not only keep the animals in, but also out so once he has depleted what is inside those fences were are the new animals going to come from????

I think they will probably be coming back down in a couple of years when he does not have any more trophy size animals on his property & you still have lots on yours.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Kirk,

he will be buying deer from the deer farms and he can "manage the deer" in the fenced area.

terry1,

You might want to call the DNR and see if what he has done is legal or not. Some states dont allow it and some states do. Most states want to be paid for any deer captured behind the fence.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]