Listed on ebay

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

artifact

Listed on ebay

Post by artifact »

Check out the brace height! Apparently this owner should join this forum!
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RtEAAOSws8VZ4krF/s-l1600.jpg

OK: couldn't delete and couldn't get the copy and paste pic., but on the pic. included with the listing, the string is buried in the bumpers of a Matrix 380!
Been mentioned on here more than once, just wondering if that's the reason he's selling it.
colouredchameleon

Re: Listed on ebay

Post by colouredchameleon »

Have seen similar setup in Archery Shop. So maybe similar situation for this person and really does not know ant different. :oops:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think the simple Recurve crossbow is too complicated fer many to use. They do better wid a single shot shotgun n a slug :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

I have sent a bunch of msg to members on ebay about brace hight telling them its not going to sell
looking like that.most reply with a thanks an how do you fix it I tell them go to Excalibur .com
RobD

Post by RobD »

I've seen the same thing on my local Craigslist. Sent the guy a message and told him what to do to fix it, and also that I hoped it wasn't the reason he was selling it.

I have also saved an Excalibur on one of our local hunting Facebook groups. There was a "Show your bow" post, and one member said he walked out to the stand and the limb cracked on his Matrix, ending his hunt prematurely. I quickly told him to get in touch with Danny and to know he has one of the best bows made. I suggested a blemish limb purchase to keep him in the woods as cheap insurance. I guess Danny fixed him right up.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
wabi

Post by wabi »

vixenmaster wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am
I think the simple Recurve crossbow is too complicated fer many to use. They do better wid a single shot shotgun n a slug :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
artifact

Post by artifact »

vixenmaster wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am

:lol: Yes, much too complicated Mike! I go to a local shooting range close to me to sight in my guns, you would be amazed at some of the things that some people do, and then wonder why their guns don't shoot that well! :roll:
I bought a 660 Remington years ago where the guy mounted the scope over the rear sight and it was putting pressure on the sight, which was on a free floating barrel. Bet that gun didn't shoot worth a darn, but when I moved the scope back far enough to clear the sight it is a tack driver.
Saw once where a guy mounted a scope backwards and was wondering why the target looked so small! :lol:
Even had a buddy who went through two or three boxes of shells and never put a hole on paper at 100, he had never owned a scope before and never thought to start at 25 and go from there! :lol:
You would be amazed!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Rambeaux

Post by Rambeaux »

Most of the general public (that I've met) do not take the time to educate themselves. I saw this one Ibex that had the string slapping the riser :roll: .
Micro 355/XV530IR scope/8pt flemish/DB Killers and bumpers/Slick Trick 150's/16.5" Zombie's
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Showed this to my brother. He was guilty of not thinking it was a problem as well. He is educated now.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

LOL That is about the most a string can get buried in bumpers!