O/T Fall Foliage in VT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by #16 »

Carl........ Are you off your MEDS again??????????
Give everone a break with the O/T posts.

Post by Guest »

Yes Brad I'm off them again. :lol: How'm I doin?? :lol: Nice bear by the way.

A.W., Canuckistan was borrowed from a post by R.L.. He was using it as self deprecating humor, so I just took it and ran with it. It made me laugh when I saw Mike use it. :wink:

GaryL,
Ain't no coal fired power plants here. In fact NY, and the New England states have filed a lawsuit against Ohio and a number of other major polluters in your neck of the woods for all the acid rain that blows East from your dirty coal burning plants. (Another reason to get rid of Bush)
We get our power from Hydro Quebec. Clean man, clean.
Enjoy your state's scenery. I do.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Carl - why are you always on the offensive lately? Chill out buddy. Cut down on the caffeine or something, okay?

If Kendo Kid indeed killed the #5 Ontario deer, way to go! A Vermont thread is a bit of an odd place to post it though, and being the first thread ever from him I'm sure we're all a bit skeptical. It sure would be nice to see it posted up so we can all have a look.

Carl - a must read for you..." How to win friends and influence people.."

:wink:

Mikey Vee

Post by Guest »

:lol: Yep,.. you're right Mike. 2 full cups put me on edge. Gotta cut back to 1/2 cup. :wink:
Sweating bullets right now as I just finished with some brush work before Winter comes, but will be mellowing as I just cracked my first beer. :wink: :lol:

But then again, I've never been known as one to pull punches. :wink: If this k. kid is legit, I'll eat crow and appologize. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. The spider senses tell me he's just another troll. :lol:
I think we've seen the last of the "kidding-himself kid." :wink: :roll: :lol:
BUCKSHOT

Beautifull Vermont

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Vermont is a pretty looking place!
Just as pretty as a hundred other places that I have visited!
Personally, living in Ontario CANADA, with big Deer and clean Hydro is just fine for me!
Too each their own! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
kendo kid

The flag is a fake

Post by kendo kid »

To wit:
* There is no historical reference to a flag of the "stars and stripes" design being carried in the Battle of Bennington. The only flag documented as having been used that day is the one known as the "Green Mountain Boys" flag: green with 13 white five-pointed stars in a blue canton.
* There is no record of the flag or its design prior to the late 19th Century when it was on display at the Chicago Public Library.
* Grace Cooper, former curator of textiles at the Smithsonian Institution, has observed this flag at close range and is of the opinion that its material was woven on a power loom in the early 19th Century.
* The construction of the flag (cotton material and cotton thread) and the use of the numeral "76" are characteristic of the 1820's.

Some vexillologists (those who study flags) say that the "Bennington Flag" may have been made as late as the US Centennial in 1876, but that doesn't explain how it could have become so worn and aged that people began to think of it as a Revolutionary War relic, and display it as such in the Chicago Library within a few short years. The relic flag is quite faded - the red, white, and blue are all just various shades of tan or brown today

What does seem likely is that in the historic frenzy of the Centennial celebration, a 50-year old 13-star flag was discovered, tattered and torn, and displayed as an authentic 100-year old relic in ignorance (the standards for historical research were not quite as high then as they are today.)

It is more likely that this flag was made for the 1824 visit of General Lafayette to the US, or for the 50th anniversary of the US Declaration of Independence in 1826.

Source:
     Nick Artimovich
   November 15, 1996
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur

Post by Guest »

Congratulations!! :lol: It only took a 7th Generation Vermonter, 24+ hours of internet searching to discover the Green Mountain Boy's Flag. :roll: :lol:

Yep, you're legit. :lol:

Please don't reply to any of my posts. I'll do the same for yours.

By the way, I could have picked apart your post on Vermont facts, etc.

For instance, I lived on that hill between Randolph and Randolph Cntr. for 2 years, when I went to VTC. Just a 1/2 mile down the hill from the college. And yes, I dun graduated and went on to RIT. :lol: :lol:

I know the Randolph area and Orange County. :lol: :lol: I hunted grouse and deer, and trout fished all three branches of the White River and thier tributaries.
By the way, the first and third branches are the best. :wink: Rainbows, browns, and brookies.

Thank you,

Carl L.
kendo kid

Randolph

Post by kendo kid »

Carl,
My father went to VTC (family all from Norwich and Union Village) and met my mother there. My father was a basketball star at VTC during the 20's. Mom's brother Pearly worked in the Dairy herd for nearly 40 years and live in the house across the road from where he, mom and their sisters lived in town. Later, they bought a house half way down Slack Hill on a side road whose name I can not remeber but it turns to left as you are going down the hill before you hit the interstate. Slack is their family name. Grandfather was Ransom (my middle name) his father was Royal and his father was Royal Ransom. All of them are in Randolph Center Cemetary. Perhaps you know the Smiths. His name was Dwight and they owned the farm as you leave Randoph Center toward Chelsea. As you were leaving Randoph Center you would take the right fork and proceed a mile up to the height of land. Beautiful fields, and view with the red barn on the right and the red house on the left with a sizable pond behind and to the right of the house. (Been in Vt Life a couple of times back in the 60's and 70's. Thought you might know it as you went to VTC and like Photos) Dwight Smith had the best farm in the town. They were good people. Good friends.

I have been trying to figure out how to get the picture of the Chocolate Buck up for folks to see. Since I can not upload directly it will take until Monday before I can have a friend over to assist. I will also post a group photo of our success near Prescott Ontario during gun season. The deer population has exploded there and the Government has given farmers permits to shot as many as 7 each and regular hunters can buy additional tags. Lots of car accidents so they have to do something. Humane Society want to feed the deer and lace the food with contaceptive pills. What are they thinking at deer sit to the table for supper everynight in family groups with mailing addresses. They are so OTL they just tried to stop a crossbred Pit Bull from being "put down" after the Pit Bull attacked a little girl causing 250 stitches. Can you imagine?

Hey A.W. if you read this, did you to see the news item on the PIt Bull on CHUM?

I fly fished the White River when I was younger. One of the great river.
Good hunting and fishing Carl,
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur

Re: Randolph

Post by Guest »

kendo kid wrote:Carl,
My father went to VTC (family all from Norwich and Union Village) and met my mother there. My father was a basketball star at VTC during the 20's. Mom's brother Pearly worked in the Dairy herd for nearly 40 years and live in the house across the road from where he, mom and their sisters lived in town. Later, they bought a house half way down Slack Hill on a side road whose name I can not remeber but it turns to left as you are going down the hill before you hit the interstate. ,
Soory fella,
You picked the wrong town and road (Rt. 66) as your fictitious Vermont home. The only left going down the hill before you reach I-89, that could be considered a "side road" is the private 100 yard driveway that dead ends at the log cabin I rented with a friend during college.

You could have picked any countless other Vermont towns and pulled it off. But not Randolph Center.

Have a great day!!

Post by Guest »

Carl, You didn't read the letters carefully. Randoph is NOT my home. It was my mothers home before she married my father. Union Village in Norwich Vermont is where I come from.

I wrote a bistering letter to you. I am not going to send it. You have insulted people who are and would be your friends. Canukistan is nothing to be calling your neighbors. To insult people and think it is funny is misguided. Irreverent humor is one thing but insulting people is another. Ohio, Canada and many other places in the world have beauty and great people living in them. It is OK to love where you live, but not at the cost of insulting other people about where they live. The people in this forum are nice people who share a common interest and many common values. After all we are just common folks who enjoy hunting.

I buy you a beer next time I'm in Burlington. I am there a couple of times a year.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

kendo kid, don't take it personal. Carl's Viking blood line is strong and runs deep through his veins. :lol:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.