got a scope question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

KLS

got a scope question

Post by KLS »

havent been on here for many years, due to work and life my excal phoenix has been hanging stored for the last couple years, scope cover on, when I took it out this fall I found that the scope has a distortion in it, like one of the lenses has an unclean coating of dust, Ive cleaned the lenses and its not anything exterior, I noticed that when I hold a light just right down into the objective lenses there appears to be an inner lens thats dirty, almost like a coating is wearing off, its also not possible to use the luminated crosshairs at night now as even on the lowest setting it illuminates the entire view red, its a lumi zone scope and it was bought with the crossbow about 10 years ago, Ive never had any problems with it until now, its not unusable but its not something I care to use, excal used to have a lifetime warranty on these, does that still hold true? and what the best way to go about it, Dan Miller used to be the guy, but Ive been out of the loop on the crossbow message boards for a long time
xcaliber

Re: got a scope question

Post by xcaliber »

Danny Miller (740) 483-2312

Phone only! You can contact Peter from here too. Good Luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Warranty or not for about $120.oo a nice nikon bolt will be miles better than the one you have now .or anything there gonna send you. The scope is non fps adjustable but will be spot on with your 305 fps phoenix.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
KLS

Post by KLS »

I'll have to check that out, thanks for the replies and info guys
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Im seeing them for like 150.00 . I believe l only paid like 120.00 for mine at dicks 2 years ago. Still a bargain of a scope even at 150.00 in my opinion
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Good thing the warranty is second to none
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
artifact

Post by artifact »

Darn! Dicks just had a 1 hr. 40% off 1 item sale with a max. of $50 off and free shipping. You could have got that scope for $100.
I grabbed a pack of Rage crossbow 125's for $25.43 including Pa tax, even though some on here would say they aren't even worth that! :lol: