I think I may I think I might

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

I think I may I think I might

Post by xcaliber »

Looking to get a Micro 355. I must be crazy, or just addicted! Anyway, I'm just looking! :wink: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
foofoo

Re: I think I may I think I might

Post by foofoo »

why not. i see a different camo annodize version on ebay for a good rice. almost thought about it myself. there are also black bully 400-s for a good price.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have a very fair quote for a bare bow. I hear the triggers are good, so rings, scope, and arrows are all I would need. Thinking about next years season today! :lol: :lol: Really, I'm Christmas shopping for me! :wink:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Dan,

You won't be sorry ! I'm super happy with mine.

I don't see myself using any other bow in my collection. :wink:

Do stock up on a couple boxs of Wheaties :lol:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
janesy

Post by janesy »

Be forewarned, you'll likely never carry you matrix series bows again lol
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

L. E. Carroll wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:07 am
Dan,

You won't be sorry ! I'm super happy with mine.

I don't see myself using any other bow in my collection. :wink:

Do stock up on a couple boxs of Wheaties :lol:

Gene
Gene, I have been thinking about that. I'm not ruling out a 335 yet, but I'm not gonna get any younger, I might just scratch that itch now, right, go 355?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Couple quick questions. Do Danny Miller's Bumpers for the Matrix Models fit the Micro 355, and how is the trigger on this line? Really had a sleepless night last night. :lol: :lol: :lol:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I'm not sure as to Danny's bumpers ? as I have a set of DR's on my 355 ( which use standard Excal REDS posts ) and the new set of REDS that came with the 355 are now on my gen II 335.

Dan, if in doubt, rest assured that the new gen II 335's also shoot great, hit hard and I have heard of very little negative posts on them since their release. My particular 335 does shoot 335 fps at 350 grains :wink:

I too was worried about the draw weight differance, as I really wanted to give one a try as I love hunting those larger elk in my area and felt the extra performance may be a plus in my quest of a clean harvest and sufficient blood trail due to their size. 8)

Yes, there is a bit of differance between the 2 models, but with the short draw lengths of both models when paired up with a bowl of Wheaties, 8) I find both doable, even with my health issues. I have yet to feel the need to resort to a crank for either model even after extended shooting sessions. :wink:

I would offer to loan you my newer Micro 335 with Hawke XP30 while wearing a camo Munch mount for your Whitetail hunts. ( Before you open the wallet and lay out any $ for a new bow. ) She's great clear out to and slightly beyond 40 yards when paired with BE's built to your specs. :lol: You can shoot it this season to see if it may fill your needs. BTY, I found he triggers on both to be excellent. However, I Idid stick a TT single stage on the newer 355 as I had one on hand. :mrgreen:

I have a factory box to ship it in and all it will require is a bit of shipping $ to make it happen. Let me know as I have a set of back up MICRO limbs ( which I now feel I'll never need anymore ) in the event a problem should arrise with the newer bow while the 335 is visitng at your house.

Ps. ask our friend Bill how his new Micro 355 is working out for him :wink:
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Rambeaux

Post by Rambeaux »

I dabbled with compound crossbows while still shooting my Hoyts and Martin verticals. Had a Horton Ultralite and a Bear FFL. Sold em and kept on vertin'. Got a bad case of target panic with my Nitrum. Then I bought a Micro 355. Sold off every thing vertical related shortly after. Won't be shopping for a vert anytime soon, if ever. The groups this thing prints are awesome. The trigger is awesome. This thing is just plain awesome! Just do it.
Micro 355/XV530IR scope/8pt flemish/DB Killers and bumpers/Slick Trick 150's/16.5" Zombie's
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Rambeaux wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:33 pm
I dabbled with compound crossbows while still shooting my Hoyts and Martin verticals. Had a Horton Ultralite and a Bear FFL. Sold em and kept on vertin'. Got a bad case of target panic with my Nitrum. Then I bought a Micro 355. Sold off every thing vertical related shortly after. Won't be shopping for a vert anytime soon, if ever. The groups this thing prints are awesome. The trigger is awesome. This thing is just plain awesome! Just do it.
I have two very nice Lefty Compounds myself that might go on Ebay soon. I too have begun to get pretty bad with the verticals lately. It stinx, but it is what it is.
Gene, thanks, but I have the three crossbows all dialed in for this season, and I'm in no real hurry to get another one quickly. I do love the TT and would probably drop one in too. Right now it's all still in the dream phase.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Do it! I dare U

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Brad, I am going o pull the trigger, pun intended. It might be late December though. I want one, and don't need one. I'm just absolutely curious how the bow performs, and my ability to cock it for long shooting sessions, etc. I'm more than likely going in, but after I'm done shopping for everyone here! 8)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Oh, almost secured a sweet deal on a 335 Micro, but the seller is being very wise in his decision to keep it. I'm waiting for an email from the dealer I have bought all of my Excals. and my Kodabow from to help me decide on what I need VS. what i want. He's putting the package together that we discussed, and shooting me a total. Yep, it's almost a done deal. :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm working on a bare bow deal with the Single Stage TT installed, and we're very close! :wink: :shock:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

janesy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:56 am
Be forewarned, you'll likely never carry you matrix series bows again lol
dan,
if the statement above turns to reality then let me know. i might be interested in helping you make room :wink: :)
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife