Adventures of deer hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Adventures of deer hunting

Post by munch »

Well was not what I would call a good shotgun week . I only saw deer one day and started with a 6 point walking by at 50 yards so I put crosshairs on his heart and pulled the trigger on the 870 only nothing happened not even a click . I ramed another shell into with the same results and watched him walk away . Using the spring out of a clothes pin I had I got the 2 retainer pine out of the trigger group and removed it and cleaned very little dirt out , put it togeather still would not release the trigger so out it came again along with bolt barrel and all . Sitting in my tree parts in pockets my mouth my lap everywhere and I look up and 2 does and 2 fawns walk by , just a little pissed by now . Get it all back togeather same thing so just sat until dark come home wash everything with wd slippery spray very little crud out and put it together still won't release , that's when I noticed there is a retaking nut on the slide that holes the for end on that looks a lot like a choke tube . I turned it in 6 or 8 turns and found it was not letting the bolt go ahead far enough to lock so trigger will not release . Normally these things get welded in place with rust and won't move so I leaned my lesson for the day . Now my lesson for the next day watch where you park in a 40 acre field because the farmer may just back into your truck and do about $1500 damage to back quarter taillight and shove the bumper in . He wanted to pay but how do you ask someone who's been great to you over the years to fix that. . How was your week lol munch
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
bdog

Re: Adventures of deer hunting

Post by bdog »

Hey Terry, great story but not your usual ones you tell, that sucks man, hope things go better...
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
munch

Post by munch »

bdog wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm
Hey Terry, great story but not your usual ones you tell, that sucks man, hope things go better...
Normally something dies . How you been
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

Deer numbers are down this year for sure .to bad about the truck.
addicted to canadian beaver
munch

Post by munch »

dutchhunter wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Deer numbers are down this year for sure .to bad about the truck.
We got 1 deer between 5 of us I sat 13 times with the bow before seeing my first and only deer so about 80 hours in the bush so far and seen 6 . In the good old days I counted 24 one day
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

And I thought I was having a bad hunting season due to a perforated appendix! I had a day in the field so I did technically have a chance of a deer, but absolutely no sign in the area at that time. Still trying to find a doc who will operate and not sit on his hands.
bdog

Post by bdog »

munch wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm
bdog wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm
Normally something dies . How you been
Im good, busy chasing deer, nothing yet tho, my ML controlled hunt next week, yeah your stories are usually about the good hunts and success, and the road trips, and owls flying into your van...lol
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had several tiny bucks well within range, but would not shoot them, several doe that just would not turn enough for any type of broad side shot, Saturday, the guns come out! Sorry to hear of your hunting woes Terry!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have had several chances at deer so far and will probably shoot a doe or smaller buck during gun season, but will save my archery buck tag in case the 10 pointer I have been hunting decides to expose himself. lol We are able to use a bow or crossbow during gun season now, so all I hunt with now is my Excalibur. Bucks are moving all hours of the day now and I have seen a 7 pt at 9;30 in the morning. Then when I checked my camera that night I saw that there was an 8 pt with a broken G2 there 10 minutes after I left my stand to eat lunch. :lol:
But thats ok because I would have been tempted to shoot him and would have to pass on the 10 pt if he shows up.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

All of my hunting partners and I had a lousy week....no tracks, no deer......no nothing!! Tag soup!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

our corner of 92B was on fire. I have never seen more mature bucks in 5 days in all my days of hunting. Hope your luck turns around.... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
munch

Post by munch »

cadmaster wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm
And I thought I was having a bad hunting season due to a perforated appendix! I had a day in the field so I did technically have a chance of a deer, but absolutely no sign in the area at that time. Still trying to find a doc who will operate and not sit on his hands.
Hope they get you fixed up soon .see your from north bay . I moose hunted near redbridge for years
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I sat almost every evening of October and it was not till the last week on the Friday that I got a shot at the 8 point I got a tree. The next day I grunted up the big ten..been very slow
addicted to canadian beaver