Scope help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onmedic

Scope help

Post by onmedic »

I just bought a crossbow scope,
Not sure on the model, didnt matter at the time, needed one asap. I dont know the speed of my xbow (not an excalibur). The scope is on its way. It has a 40 objective, lighted reticle, speed goes from 275 i believe to 410. Is there a way to sight in not knowing my speed? Excal website didnt see a video, nothing on youtube on my search either
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
"Beasleys" Canada In The Rough
onmedic

Re: Scope help

Post by onmedic »

My guess is sight in zero xhair for 20 than adjust speed ring until the 30 lines up? This would be the proper speed?
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
"Beasleys" Canada In The Rough
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The fastest, and in my opinion the most accurate way is to zero it in at 20 yards. Use a bench to make sure it is dead on. Take your target out to 40, or 50 yards, and stack it on top of another target giving you 40" of height. Shoot at the top of the stack using your 20 yard reticle knowing the arrow will hit 30" low or more. Now, set the twenty yard reticle again where you aimed, and zoom your scope until the 40, or 50, whatever you chose is on the arrow. You are now set. Do not concern yourself on what the speed dial says, it is a reference only!

Good Luck!
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 pm
The fastest, and in my opinion the most accurate way is to zero it in at 20 yards. Use a bench to make sure it is dead on. Take your target out to 40, or 50 yards, and stack it on top of another target giving you 40" of height. Shoot at the top of the stack using your 20 yard reticle knowing the arrow will hit 30" low or more. Now, set the twenty yard reticle again where you aimed, and zoom your scope until the 40, or 50, whatever you chose is on the arrow. You are now set. Do not concern yourself on what the speed dial says, it is a reference only!

Good Luck!
Dan
Yup! Great advice and the best method I know of.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.