The perfect crossbow scope reticle

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Re: The perfect crossbow scope reticle

Post by wabi »

I guess it depends on the shooter.
For me the best reticle is a simple one. :lol:
I use a duplex sighted in at 25 yards, the adjust the power until the duplex "posts" are on at 15 & 35 yards.
Out to 30 yards (with MY setup of bow & arrows) a "center of the kill zone" hold will result in a fatal hit.

wabi

Post by newbie »

I'm with you wabi I use the luepold firedot spr. Sighted in at 25 then within the circle I'm good out to 40 yards on approximately 2.5 power for hunting. Using the same idea as you. Top of circle 15 bottom 40. Simple.
Target I can use the hash marks for more precise shooting.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

If the reticle in the scope Jeff found actually looked like the picture, it would indeed be a "perfect" crossbow reticle. A lighted Crossbones would tickle me to death! I haven't found it yet, tho.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

My perfect scope is just 4 plex with no yards and lighted ...No need for yard thing for me with 35 yards being my limit on Buck..
Rambeaux

Post by Rambeaux »

The Hawke XB1 with MAP reticle is perfect for me. No muss no fuss. No IR but none of my expensive rifle scope do either. Very affordable too. I just can't spend an exorbitant amount on a 30-40 yard (my max comfort shot) weapon. Check em out.

Last edited by Rambeaux on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 355/XV530IR scope/8pt flemish/DB Killers and bumpers/Slick Trick 150's/16.5" Zombie's
oldmandoug

Post by oldmandoug »

Just my 2 cents... 37 years ago my Dad bought me my 1st deer rifle, a 30-30 and it came with a Tasco 4x scope. I have killed MANY deer with this rifle. I know they have much better scopes on the market, but it was what I learned to use and overcame all of its short comings.

I think this can be applied to this conversation as well. No one scope is the best scope. I think they all will do the job. You just have to practice and work through the issues that each one has. Once you do, the confidence comes.

I now have several scopes on different weapons, some are expensive and some are cheap, but at the end of the day they all work.

In my opinion.
HOMELESS VETERANS SHOULD COME BEFORE ANY REFUGEE!!!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 am
ThackMan wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 pm
For what it's worth... I can see my Leupold heavy duplex crosshairs until it's WAY to dark to shoot.
X2. My fave hunting reticle
X3
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

I like the Leupold duplex reticle, but you may not. Try out a few scopes and see which one is to your liking. Ask questions-hey it's your money, get one you like.
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!