O/T - does anyone here own a recent GMC Canyon?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

O/T - does anyone here own a recent GMC Canyon?

Post by Boo »

I am considering a Canyon and would appreciate any input on it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Re: O/T - does anyone here own a recent GMC Canyon?

Post by xcaliber »

My buddy from work has the 4 door 4x4, 2017. He loves it, and I have driven it for a short spell, very nice truck Don.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks Dan! The only consistent complaint I've read is that the headlights suck.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You can always pop in better bulbs. I'm not overly impressed with my Tacoma's lights either. I did a build on the long box 4x4 Denali, and before any discounts it came out to 44K. This was 8 speed automatic, leather interior navigation, etc. I think the discounts offered currently are around 8K, so not too bad. Send pics! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!

Post by newbie »

Custom orange Canyon! can't wait to see it Don!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

she blinds everybody with her super hi-beams
shes a squirrel squishin deer smacking driving machine--CANYONARO, CANYONAROOOOOHOHOHO
12 yards long, 2 lanes wide shes 55tons of American pride!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=canyonero&qpvt=canyonero&view=detail&mid=A7ADFFC75E8A4CBF8162A7ADFFC75E8A4CBF8162&FORM=VRDGAR

They are popular Don, I haven't seen many tho. Maybe a good sign?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm
My buddy from work has the 4 door 4x4, 2017. He loves it, and I have driven it for a short spell, very nice truck Don.
Likely not the colour of your undies Mike, but either a silver or arrest me red :mrgreen:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I cant speak for the new improved bigger model l actually like the way it looks . But ive made a ton of money repairing the old model window regulars they bend up like a pretzel and usually take the window tabs on the glass with them so you need to buy a new window as well.most of the incidents are due due to ice or freezing. My brother and neibor both have the older models and their engines have only about 90 thousand miles on them and sound twice as loud and idle twice as rough as my tacomas and tundras with twice the milage. Dont want to be a downer but we have bought 7 toyota tacomas and tundras for the business and every one has exceeded 250,ooo miles with no major breakdowns at all . Some have 350,000 plus . My dad was a 40 year certified gm mechanic and my father in law works for gm. Not trying to start a argument but you cant compare a gm product to a toyota . Its like comparing a excaliber to a barnett. A toyota costs a little more money for the same reason as an excalibur does.look at the tacoma its bulletproof like a 330 matrix lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:08 am
I cant speak for the new improved bigger model l actually like the way it looks . But ive made a ton of money repairing the old model window regulars they bend up like a pretzel and usually take the window tabs on the glass with them so you need to buy a new window as well.most of the incidents are due due to ice or freezing. My brother and neibor both have the older models and their engines have only about 90 thousand miles on them and sound twice as loud and idle twice as rough as my tacomas and tundras with twice the milage. Dont want to be a downer but we have bought 7 toyota tacomas and tundras for the business and every one has exceeded 250,ooo miles with no major breakdowns at all . Some have 350,000 plus . My dad was a 40 year certified gm mechanic and my father in law works for gm. Not trying to start a argument but you cant compare a gm product to a toyota . Its like comparing a excaliber to a barnett. A toyota costs a little more money for the same reason as an excalibur does.look at the tacoma its bulletproof like a 330 matrix lol
Very well said :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:08 am
Interesting point of view. I hope I won't be a victim of marketing :shock: The new models are supposedly quieter, more fuel efficient and just plain a nice vehicle.
We do a ton of window regulators on our BMWs, mostly in the winter as well.
My present 2005 has 190,000 kms and the drive train runs as well as a swiss watch. Virtually no rust and the rest of the car is immaculate. The only reason I'm looking for a new truck is that at 64 yrs of age, I don't think that the Tacoma will make it to the end of my driving career. I also need more towing capacity than my Tacoma can give.
I do agree, you cannot compare the the 2, the Tacoma is one of the best built on the road, if not the best, but the American manufacturers have pulled their pants up as high as Peewee Herman does and are no where the same animal as they were in their sordid past. While I know the Tacomas are made in America, I want to buy a real American tuck this time.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I remember in the 60's and70's when a car reached 100 thousand miles american or foreign it was a taboo no one wanted the thing. Them old hondas and toyotas would rot like the devil. I guess whatever choice you made is better than the past . We have come a long way in every brand . Its sad but the mfrs. Are all putting biased fake youtube review videos out there as a gimmick for advertising so you think its an unbiased review and its a factory con to the consumer. Every car truck American or foreign has some flaws. Good luck in your choice boo.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

ArcheryAddict wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 am
I wouldn’t get a Canyon if it was me, they cost almost as much as the full size trucks. I have a 2016 Chevy 4 door z71 with the 5.3 engine and with the cruise control on 70 it gets 22-23 miles to a gallon all the time and about 18 in town. I can pull something with mine, have a lot more room and the full size will hold its trade in value better.
I've tossed that question over and over and my experience with my Tacoma tells me that the mid sized truck does me well. I've never completely filled my Tacoma box so I'm going the 4 dr, short box route. I think the most I'll put in mine is a bin of apples.
The most I might tow and at that a short distance is a 5,000 lb tractor and the V6 will tow 7,000 lbs and the diesel will tow 7,700 lbs.
I don't care much for trade in value because this is probably the last truck in my driving career.
You're right about the price, although my company is paying, there's about $6,000 difference between the 2 trucks. Full sized would be nice, but a lot more than I've needed in the past 12 yrs.
I value everyone's opinion, thank you!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

F150. ' Nuff Said. .... 2002, 200,000 miles, not km, and did an O2 sensor, a PCV valve pre- heat tube, and a emergency brake pedal assembly. Platinum plugs st 140,000 miles. Period!!! 2008 108,000 miles ZERO done. 2013, 104,000 miles, water pump, left hand turbo water supply fitting, Period! 2017, still shiny on both side!
If it's not Toyota, it ought to be an F150. Just my dos centavos.😎

I like Leupold scopes too. Want me to tell us about my luck there?😀
Normous

Post by Normous »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am
F150. ' Nuff Said. ....
LMK if you want the friends and family price.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm
flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am
F150. ' Nuff Said. ....
LMK if you want the friends and family price.
And Don, you can CAMP in the backseat area!