wmu 65

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckmark

wmu 65

Post by buckmark »

I know the season only opened yesterday but the weather was pretty crappie, anyone get one yet. Just curious.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me."
fletch

Post by fletch »

No. Spent most of the day Fri. in my stand and stalking through the bush and didn't even see one. I have to work today and Sun. I am going to try again Mon.
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

sEEN TWO, BUT NEVER GOT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR A SHOT!
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
209x50

Post by 209x50 »

I saw a small 7 point buck at about 7:30am Friday....20 yards broadside, standing there for about 30 sec., I let him walk, TOO small. I just bought this crossbow, and I want something a little bigger as my first archery deer. Haven't been out since, pretty shitty weather.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Small in like RACK or like small in body :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Hunted WMU 82 starting October 1. Been five times. Saw one and had another one get down wind of me and blow. I think the hot weather for the first two weeks has surpressed evening activity. I also agree with Greg Miller in his book. the October lull Oct 7-20 is the most difficult time to hunt. I find it harder than Post-rut. The feeding pattern is more predictable in Post-rut. But during the October Lull the field may or may not be harvested depending on year, weather, and farmer practices. Hang in ther bubby. Build your treestand and they will come.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
209x50

Post by 209x50 »

Small as in, maybe 160 lbs field-dressed, and I am guessing 90-100 B&C, definately a 1 1/2 year old buck. I know that there are alot of guys that would have smoked him, but I like them bigger...plus its opening morning!!! I have 3 tags this year, and if it was Dec 29th, I would have taken him....time will tell.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Read that 209x50, I am waiting on a bigger MONSTER to come walking by also...one in the frezz to hold me....Told my better Half it's the wailting game fer her TAG...Good Luck.... :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

The Weather has been rotten all weekend, The deer have only got a few days left now!!! Mother nature has kept me indoors!!!
When you whack them you better stack them!!!