Been a long time since I have posted ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MI Yeti

Been a long time since I have posted ...

Post by MI Yeti »

Been a long time, hope you guys are having successful deer seasons . I have not hunted with my crossbow in about 4 years now . I did do some target shooting with my Exocet 165 and it was still as accurate as ever . Got it ready for archery season but never did hunt with it . I got a Button buck on opening day of firearm season with my .50 airgun . My truck broke down and I was only able to get out one day with a borrowed suv so I shot what I saw so I could get some meat . He was 85lbs dressed . I do wish Excalibur made a new bow that I liked, might get me back into crossbow hunting . I considered a compound crossbow but I just don't like em very much .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
mikej

Re: Been a long time since I have posted ...

Post by mikej »

Welcome back
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
quake

Post by quake »

Hey welcome back, MI Yeti. I have just returned to the forum myself after being away for a couple years. Congrats on your Button. I have yet to even see a deer so far, let alone harvest one :shock: . I've only been out a couple of times, though. But the season's not over yet 8) . I'm curious, what kind of crossbow would you like to see Excalibur make to get you interested again?
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice to see you back here.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Good to see ya back Yeti, :D hope ya find something ya like to get ya back in the swing of things.

Good Luck :wink:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome back Yeti. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

quake wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:37 pm
Hey welcome back, MI Yeti. I have just returned to the forum myself after being away for a couple years. Congrats on your Button. I have yet to even see a deer so far, let alone harvest one :shock: . I've only been out a couple of times, though. But the season's not over yet 8) . I'm curious, what kind of crossbow would you like to see Excalibur make to get you interested again?
Traditional stock, lower draw weight, solid color would be nice but not a deal breaker . I don't ever see them making a new bow like that though . I have not seen any new crossbows like that that are well made .
wabi

Post by wabi »

Glad airguns aren't legal in Ohio (for deer), that would be another expensive method I'd have to try. :lol: :lol:
I'm with you on not being too excited about the newer models. I prefer the traditional stock design with where the safety is located on the Excalibur crossbows.
wabi
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

wabi wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 pm
Glad airguns aren't legal in Ohio (for deer), that would be another expensive method I'd have to try. :lol: :lol:
I'm with you on not being too excited about the newer models. I prefer the traditional stock design with where the safety is located on the Excalibur crossbows.
Yeah the saftey placement is one of the reasons I prefer a tradition stock on an Excalibur . The other is that I find the current thumbhole stocks to be very ugly . The old exo series ones look fine . If they moved the saftey to the trigger guard and redesigned the stocks to look decent I would not mind them .

More and more states are allowing airguns for deer, better look out :mrgreen: . It is pretty addicting .