Should I wear black inside of groundblind?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Member wannabe

Should I wear black inside of groundblind?

Post by Member wannabe »

What are your thooughts on camo inside of a groundblind-like the Doghouse? What is the best color? Thanks!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Member wannabe it would by no doubt depend on how bright a day it was. Darker colors would show up more in bright light, on the other hand It would also depend on where the blind was set up and how well do it hide your movements.. I would think your clothing would me of no conceren as far as being noticed in a blind....my .02 worth as I really do not know.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
kendo kid

Color

Post by kendo kid »

If you wear black you can use the handle Ninja.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Book

Post by Book »

I have spent a good deal of time in the popup type blinds and usually I dont wear my best camo, in fact I might wear gray sweat pants and camo shirt. I wont matter much. Keep the window as small as possible and hang camo netting across if its not there. If deer see the blind from an angle and see daylight from another open window I promise they will turn inside out. I try to have only one window open and the others barley cracked. Good luck
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I know you are in your blind, but you will need to get out at some point. You have to think about the less ethical, trigger happy bozos that may romp past your spot thinking you may be game. Grey, white, and black are never my choice in the woods! (White only if there is snow and when hunting coyotes).
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

By all means where dark clothing.

Also wear a face mask.

Deer can see you through the curtain especially if the light is right and you move.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
cdngunner

Post by cdngunner »

I suggest going naked, but then again thats just my opinion!
striper

Post by striper »

Member wannabe- just join! Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
A.W

Post by A.W »

striper wrote:Member wannabe- just join! Striper
It's free. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
memberwannabe

Post by memberwannabe »

I have joined I'm just useing my username,ha. No really I did join but I have forgotten my username and forgot my old email address. Anyway when I ask for my username by entering my email address it says The email address you supplied does not match the one listed for that username

so I need to rejoin. Thanks for all the info., I've taken 2 does so far this season with my Exocet.. I've been reading this forum for the last 2yrs. and it is one of my favorites. I'll wear dark.