Recipes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerslayr

Recipes

Post by deerslayr »

First I want too thank all of you who congratulated me on my successful hunt and I hope to have my pics back in a couple of days. I also want to congratulate all of you who have also had a successful hunt. I saw a lot of great pictures on here the last couple of weeks and I must say some of them made me quite jealous. :shock:

Here is one of my favorite recipes and I hope you all will share yours too.

Corn Deer (Beef)

4 lbs of meat
2 qts water
½ C pickling salt
½ C Tender Quick
3 T sugar
2 T pickling spice
2 bay leaves
8 black peppercorns or 2 T pepper
1 garlic clove

Let meat soak in mixture 5 days, rinse before cooking.
Boil until tender (I boil it with cabbage and onions) :D
If you can't take a good shot, don't take a shot.

Dan R.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Man that sure reads good :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
stump

Post by stump »

I grew up in Atlantic Canada and corned beef and cabbage was a staple in our house. Your recipe brought back memories and I can't wait to try it. Thank you.

I bbq a lot and this recipe, given to me by a fellow hunter, is my favorite. I marinate venison steaks (or any lean game) for 12 - 24 hours in a mixture of olive oil, worchester sauce, terriyaki sauce, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and steak spice (I use Montreal style, but whatever you normally use would do the trick). The olive oil is to compensate for the lack of natural fat in the meat and keeps it from drying out. I put in an equal amount of the terriyaki and worchester sauces. Spice to your preferred taste, I never measure. Cook for 4 minutes per side at medium high on a pre-heated bbq.
This doesn't take away the "gamie" flavour, I like the taste of the deer. If you want to get rid of it, you'd probably have to brine it first.
shifty

Post by shifty »

This is for deer or moose. take any cuts you have and cut them into steaks about 3lbs. Brown them in the frying pan smotherd in onions until well done. Then put them in a baking dish with the onions add 1 can of tomatoe soup 1/2 cup water 1 table spoon worchester sauce, sprinkle with salt and pepper. 1table spoon vineger. Bake for 1 hr coverd . Add more water if needed. Makes 8 servings. I can make this for anyone who has nver tried wild game and i will garentee they will love it or just tell them its beef and the wouldnt call you a lier.
Benny

Recipe

Post by Benny »

Using a venison roast in a roasting pan add about 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch of water. Add a large can of tomatoes diced or whole. Sprinkle a package of dried French onion soup over roast. Add potatoes and carrots to suit and two oinions cut into quarters cook for two hours and your meal is done. Feeds about 4-5 adults and the gravey is to die for. Good luck