Treestand hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Taxidermyone

Treestand hunting

Post by Taxidermyone »

Do anyone have the arrow fall out of the bow when pointed down from treestand? Can you help?
Benny

Treestand Hunting

Post by Benny »

Taxidermyone
I've never had an arrow fall out of my bow with the Vixen, but I read a true story in a bowhunting magazine in which the guy dropped his arrow with a broadhead on it. At the end of his hunt in the evening as he was getting down out of his stand and down the tree he was in he found the arrow, but unbeknown to him it had landed broadside up and as he stepped to the ground it cut the artery in his thigh and as a result he bled to death so be very careful. I don't think this guy was hunting with a buddy but even so your pal would have to be close by in order to help. Take care and good hunting.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

you dont own an EXCALIBUR my friend...Thats for sure!
-Richard-
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Taxidermyone if your spring holding the arrow/bolt has the proper pressure against the bolt it should not fall out. However things do happen so be carefull :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
maple

Post by maple »

Taxidermyone,

Nope.

That single piece of metal is supposed to hold the arrow in place. If it does not, just bend it slightly until it does so to your satisfaction, if that's what you're getting at.

Maple