Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: New big foot stirrup

Post by SEW »

CrazyCrayon wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 pm
SEW wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm
On my 2 405s and 400, I have removed the Air Brakes and only have the Dr Stirrup on the one I can more easily rope cock (400) . I found the Dr Stirrup greatly reduces back strain on cocking. The 405s have stirrups wrapped in an aircraft adhesive strip (much like a tennis racket handle wrap) , with a 1 oz wheel weight on each of the sides (under the adhesive strip), then durable, slick covered cloth camo tape, with about 12 zip ties around. I use a C2 on the 405s. Just what I do.
Question... Will the Dr. Stirrup fit with the airbrakes on the 405? I didn't think about that issue.
It’s not an issue.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ThunderXB wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:37 pm
Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 am
Yes. But it will bring the bow closer to you when you're cocking, increasing the cocking effort somewhat.
Well, in my case anyway, I'm 6' 7" (and 285 lbs) so the cocking length usually isn't an issue, but getting size 13 insulated pac-type boots into the stirrup is. :roll:
.... me thinks both Don and myself can both fit into ThunderXB’s size 13 boot :shock: :eusa-think:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

amythntr wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 am
ThunderXB wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:37 pm
Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 am
Yes. But it will bring the bow closer to you when you're cocking, increasing the cocking effort somewhat.
Well, in my case anyway, I'm 6' 7" (and 285 lbs) so the cocking length usually isn't an issue, but getting size 13 insulated pac-type boots into the stirrup is. :roll:
.... me thinks both Don and myself can both fit into ThunderXB’s size 13 boot :shock: :eusa-think:

Anthony, I'm 5'8" and wear the same size boot as ThunderXB !!! Lots of me "turned under"!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I like the two other design changes to the stirrup.....first the coating which takes care of having to wrap the stirrup....and secondly, Boo had always said that the stirrup acted as a tuning fork and added to the noise....well Excal took care of that by by providing a split in the Stirrup at the base of each side which I would image was added to eliminate the vibration emanating from the stirrup....pretty cool....dang, I wish I had time to take it our to the range...... :cry:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

SO, did anyone ever confirm whether the bigfoot stirrup will fit on a Matrix that has airbrakes on it??

I think I've seen the answer is no, but I'd like to confirm.

(Size 13 isn't really THAT big, but with an insulated pac boot, it's more like a size 15!!)
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I can confirm that the Bigfoot stirrup will not clear the air brakes on the matrix 355. I picked up a Bigfoot and it’s a no go. I may try and add a spacer or washers with longer cap screws to get the Bigfoot out far enough to clear the air brakes. It will take about 3/8”-1/2” spacer to clear so it will definitely require 3/8”-1/2” longer cap screws.
Has anyone done this?
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn