Difficulty stringing bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Spike Buck

Difficulty stringing bow

Post by Spike Buck »

I attempted to restring my bow (exocet) with a fast flemish string but the new string kept coming off of the grooves in the tip. The bow is 3 years old and it does have moulded tips. Any idea why I had the problem with the fast flemish string?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Spike Buck is this coming off when shooting or when you are leting down the limbs after restringing :?: If it is coming off during shooting the brace height maybe to low, if its coming off when you let the limbs down from restringing either part of the mag tip is missing or you are not seting the string in the groves proper :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Spike Buck

Post by Spike Buck »

It is coming off when letting the limbs down after stringing. I did resting it with my old string and it worked perfectly. The problem seems to be with the braided loops of the fast flemish string. It seems that the braided ends slowly begin to un-twist and the sting slips off of the grooves on the mag tips.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Spike buck, Give the loops of the string a twist to make them smaller then try, this happened to me last year when the new string I bought unravelled after I opened it. :cry: :(

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
gad

Post by gad »

Spike Buck wrote:It is coming off when letting the limbs down after stringing. I did resting it with my old string and it worked perfectly. The problem seems to be with the braided loops of the fast flemish string. It seems that the braided ends slowly begin to un-twist and the sting slips off of the grooves on the mag tips.
Spike, I have the same problem with my new emax when it comes but the string was scaping on shooting. I realize that the loops on the string end were to big. I have contacted Mr. Bill T, and he recomend to me to reduce the loop size.

I have do that (unmount the string and remount the loop). The problem disappear. I am using Fast flight strings. The loops on the string's ends is now just big enough to atach on the limb tips.

To unmount it, untwist it, each color of 2 strings rope (one black, one gray) is twisted by itself after make the loop, and after that, it is twisted together. Not that deal to do, but I have taken aprox. 3 hours to discover the "how to". :oops:

But it's working fine now.