muzzy Trocar 100gr crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

muzzy Trocar 100gr crossbow

Post by bobcat »

who shoots them? how do you like them. i was going to try a fixed blade this year and was thinking slick trick or G5 but i got 2 packs of the muzzy on clearance for $13 at wally world. I Couldn't just leave them there on the shelf looking all lonley.... :D
hunter with MS

Re: muzzy Trocar 100gr crossbow

Post by hunter with MS »

I shoot the 125 gr and like them . If you are shoot expandable blades now you may have to work with your scope a little . I have been shooting muzzy fixed for many years and see no reason to change .
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have a bunch of fixed blades and Muzzy is not anywhere near the top of my list anymore. They used to be much better than they are now. Not as consistent in quality as a Slick Trick, RamCat , Magnus, or Montec.

RamCats fly extremely well for me, and Slick Tricks (about any version) are a very close second. Montecs fly great but I cannot get them sharp and blood trails have been sparse, but they are tough as nails. Fortunately the deer I shot with them didn't go far. Killed a bison with a Montec CS too. Magnus 2 blades are also very good fliers and have a lifetime warranty on the main blade.

Don't give up on fixed blades if your Muzzy's don't fly well.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I get pretty good flight from them, Matrix 355, and 330 models with heavy inserts in the snout. That is probably what helps in my opinion. Have not shot any game with them yet, but sticking with them for now. I'm using 125 grain heads though.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

I’ve been using Muzzy’s for years now. Started with 100 grain from my old Mathews Outback. Now using Muzzy 125 grain. Took the inset out of my Excalibur Diablo’s and replaced it with 110 grain brass inserts. I like the Muzzy’s because the fly like darts from my M380 and I can use the practice blades with out any change in impact when I replace them with the hunting blades. I sighted in at 25 yds and don’t have to worry about compensating or hold over/under out to about 35 yds. That being said I agree with nchunterkw assessment on the quality control or lack there of. I bought a six pack through amazon. The trocar tip would not screw all the way down on to the shaft. Could not discern anything in the packaging to make me think they were counterfeit. Learned my lesson cost too much to ship back so I threw them out. Will buy from local store in the future. At least then I can return them. As far as killing game I think they are great. My share of venison in the freezer because of them. My son took them to Africa and had excellent results. Still goes back to the same argument. What do you like more a Ford, Chevy or Dodge lol. I think any of the premium blades will do the job. Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry for the long big winded post. Season’s over cabin fever starting early.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

One thing to think of with the S Lick Tricks, is that you can interchange the blades. I have 100gr, 125 gr and 150 gr varieties and can use any combo of blades/ferrules that suits my needs. Gives you more options. And it is easy to re=sharpen the blades as well.

But I love, love, love the RamCats. Blood trails are ridiculous, and tthey do fly with my field points. Slicks hit a bit low.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Some of the new muzzy's are not like the older ones as Muzzy was purchased by Rage . I am lucky I bought some early crossbow heads from muzzy they were called crosskill they came in 125 and 150 they took an MX3 blade I still have a few left and I bought replacement blades I also bought some practice blades and the screw on tips .
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

ya i cant wait to try them but need a better target first. i just hope im not making a mistake goting away from the spitfires i have had such good luck with.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have tried these, tried that, etc. My suggestion is that if you use something that works great, don't switch.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!