whats wrong? and who do i talk to ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DEAD-EYE

whats wrong? and who do i talk to ?

Post by DEAD-EYE »

okay,, when getting ready for the opening of bow season here in Ontario, i notice that when i went to put the string on my exocet,, only one year old, that the string seemed to be to short, i tried four different strings and they all had the same results. As most on here have the same bow, you will know what i am talking about when i say the suggested line, on the rails that excalibur uses,, that is where i have always set my bow, but now for some reason, it is about 1/2 inch away from there,,, so all i can think that it could be is that, my limbs have become weaker,, but i am not sure why, i always take the string off when not in season, the limbs are not crack or cracking and there is nothing i can seem to see that would cause, this,, and since the bow is only a year old i dont see why this is,,

i realize all thing break down and it would take a lot more then this to change how much respect i have for excalibur, ,, but i am wanding what i should do and who i can talk to,,

thanks ,,
hunters will do anything for a... buck!!!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

if it's a new string it will stretch into place in no time.

if it's not a new string you may have to untwist it a bit to get to the proper brace height.

Mike
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

PS - there's a Deadeye on here now and you're a new "Dead-Eye". Somewhat confusing as I thought you were the same guy.

fyi,

Mike
DEAD-EYE

Post by DEAD-EYE »

it is a new string but, ,, i used older strings aswell, ,, normally the string would stretch about 1/4 an inch, not 1/2 inch,,, and it is untwisted almost as much as possile,,,, and sorry about the confusion with the names it wasn't until after that i realize i wasn't the only Dead-Eye..

thanks,
hunters will do anything for a... buck!!!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Deleted by me.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DEAD-EYE I am not sure of what you are trying to state..The string if new should be short by about 1 1/2" when first put on, this will give you a brace height of about 1 1/2" which will strech with a few shots. You may have too retwist the string up more to keep your 1- 1 1/8" brace height.

A old string will do the same thing if left off for a period of time but not always and you may have to twist it up to get your proper brace height.

Check out this forum link to watch a video by Bill T. which explains it all.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/video.html

sure hope this helps ya!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Does this stretching depend on the string being used?

I have an excellerant string on my Exocet and it is still 3/8" or a little more above the mark etched in the riser. I have never been able to get the string to stretch or untwist to the point where it would come into contact with this mark. And currently it does not seem to effect the performance of my crossbow or arrow. This is my second string and the first never lined up either.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I am not sure about the excellerant string..Magtip limbs use the flemish twist fastflight strings and will stretch with use. This is the string that normally comes with a new Magtip xbow. My ExoMax the string stretched a bunch just setting while strung up, and more when I started shooting it.

bj would be a good one to answer the above question.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Gary,

I have a newer 175# Exocet with mag tip limbs, bought last year, and it came equipped with the Excellerant string.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I could be wrong but I think Excellerant string is provided with the standard brown bows and flemish fastflite comes with the deluxe camo bows.....like I said I could be wrong.

Mike
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ayep RL you be right, but I do not know what the stretch is in a Excellerant string.

BJ where are you we need Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Are you using a stringer, if you are try shorting the string to the plastic by a 1/2 to 3/4 " should fit happened that way to me last year. :oops:

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DEAD-EYE I think I see what you are talking/writting about.....Your string is short of the mark on the RISER side/limb side... that is too long of a string and needs to be twisted up..."quote "for some reason, it is about 1/2 inch away from there" on which side of the rail line is your string :?:

If it is past the line toward the trigger it needs to be untwisted some, if its off the line towards the limbs it needs to be twisted up some. If it is to short to untwist (string above line) then I would try a different string such as a Fast Flight Flemish string which can be used with magtip limbs.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bj

Post by bj »

excellerant strings...fantastic serving, one tough little string...watch the string loops for wear though...yep, you're right on the money, Chris...the excellerant is just a little shorter than the rest and you probably will never get it to go to the line...some strings may sit up to a 1/4" shooter side even after they stretch, although they won't stretch a lot...i've put them on many bows, and yes, i have not seen any difference in accuracy and they shoot about the same speeds as the fast flite...some may shoot just a tad quicker as the string is slightly thinner...great on the vixen, exocets, some shoot it on the mags, but i myself might want to think twice, before i load it onto an exomax...

- just my .02 cents

hope this helps, guys...

Wayne (bj)