Motion Heat--Product Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Motion Heat--Product Review

Post by Hi5 »

I suffer from cold hands. It's an old age, circulation issue I expect. A few minutes of wrestling with my snow blower, and they are COLD.I considered buying Down filled gloves. I considered buying alpaca wool gloves. Whatever the price, I was going to buy some relief. However, I had my doubts that better insulation was going to be the answer.

So I started exploring what electrically heated gear there was that might bring me relief.

I looked at the Motion Heat site and decided to give them a try. Here's the link.
http://powerinmotion.ca/

What I bought is only glove liners, and I had a bit of an issue getting outers that fit nicely with the liners.

I don't like the bulk created by installing a battery pack into each glove cuff. It's a bit clumsy feeling, although it doesn't interfere with dexterity. For a period of extended use, there is a back pack wire harness that runs down the sleeve of your jacket, and would be more comfortable to use, I think.

The point, however, is that whatever battery connection you use, they do seem to work. Last night I spent 3 hours attached to my snow blower in -30 C weather. I had my glove setting on medium and my hands were COMFORTABLE. They also make a battery heated vest.I don't do cold weather hunting, but if I did, the vest looks interesting. When I head out ice fishing, I will have my gloves with me, that's for sure.

I can't vouch for the life span of these gloves, but they do look well made, and I think well enough of them to bring them to the attention of other cold hands sufferers.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.