me,my vixen ,and a 7 year old

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

icthus153

me,my vixen ,and a 7 year old

Post by icthus153 »

hey all , sorry i dont write much, but i sure like reading the posts here, i just wanted to tell you about my saturday, i work 12 hr nights but i promised my 7 yr old i would get him in the bushes on saturday so when i got up i gave him the choice to go chase squirrels or try to get a deer. he has been with me only a couple of times deer hunting but he is the best squirrel and dove dog you could have. he surprised me by saying he wanted to go with me after deer. he has seen lots of deer but never while we were actually hunting them together (has something to do with sitting still and not throwing leaves up in the air while you are hunting). anyway i heard a twig behind us and a little three point walks in and quarters toward us at about 20 yards. i could hear my boys heart pounding. we watched him a while and then he fed away. i really was tempted, it would have been my first with the crossbow, but i told ethan that i was saving that buck for when he is ready to hunt him. we had a great time and he must have told that story at church a thousand times. thanks for reading and i will keep you posted on our progress
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Just like it is too be icthus153 enjoy :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Butt

me, my Vixen and my 7 year old.

Post by Butt »

Good for you Icthus 153, I posted early about taking my 5 year old out on his first partridge hunt last weekend and how much we enjoyed the outting together. I hunted alot with my dad when I was younger and still do to this day, but with so much going on in todays busy world that seems to be the only time we get to spend alot of time together and I cherish every bit of it as I,m sure we will with our sons. :wink:

Good huntin to you and your buddy.Butt
maple

Post by maple »

Icthus153,

Nothing beats a day in the woods with an interested child. They absorb things like a sponge don't they. Not only will he tell people about your outing now, he'll remember it forever. And he'll be chomping at the bit to get out again with you. Nice!

Maple
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

icthus153, and BUTT you all have Grandchildern too look forward to also...Think about it and I yell ya it sure can be FUN, Old Grandpaw, adult son, and young grandson or grand daughter FUN, FUN, things ya will never forget.... :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
csharkie

Post by csharkie »

Well, this seems to be the proup papa thread, so here's my story:

Was standing at the front window yesterday morning with my 17 month old son, waving bye to his mom who was leaving for work. A flock of geese were flying over the house. He pointed up excitedly and said 'eese, 'eese! He was so excited he forgot all about mom. I guess what they say about the apple is true...
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Sounds like you got him hooked now..

ENJOY!!
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
striper

Post by striper »

Ichthus: You have started a relationship that will remain for the rest of your life. Build on the foundation you have laid and you will have a hunting buddy for life. My son will be 46 in December, and we still talk almost daily. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.