Archery moose trip

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Quickshot

Archery moose trip

Post by Quickshot »

Hi all, it's been a while since I have posted anything. Real busy but still get to read some of the forum. Congrats to all who were succesful moose hunting and to all who have taken deer already. Oh ya, I love all the pics.

Any way, Our group left for our moose hunt Oct 1. with high expectations. We arrived at camp on Saturday Oct 2 and headed out for a scout and short hunt. Well by Tuesday we were staring to get down on things as we had'nt seen or heard any thing, even fresh tracks were scarce. For three and a half days we had high steady winds (30 to 40 kmh) and driving rain. We hunted hard but with no luck. On Wednesday morning at 8:25 one of the guys calls on the radio saying he has something moving in. We all wait, holding our breath for what seemed like forever. Finally he says he has a cow coming along the ridge he is on. The cow walked past him at 11 feet away, and stopped and looked at him at about 20 yards broadside, and you guest it, no cow tag and no calf with the cow. We waited for another 2 hours to see if a bull would follow but no such luck. We hunted the next day with no luck at all and left on the Friday as all the gun hunters were moving in. So a week of hunting and only one sighting, but talk about exciting. And to me thats what it's all about. Looking forward to next year already, but now it's time to get me a couple of deer for the freezer.
Hope you enjoyed the story?

Good luck to all for the rest of the season.
enjoy the woods
Doug
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Quickshot good story, best to ya on deer hunting...Next year you will get the MOOSER :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Glad to hear you had a good hunt, even if you were unsuccessful. Where abouts were you hunting? Don't worry there's always next year. Now go after them deer.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded