Quiver ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tipnchip

Quiver ?

Post by tipnchip »

I practice with my quiver on the bow because in some places I have no choice but to leave it on. What is bothering me is that after 2-3 shots the quiver has come lose. Short of loctite on the lock down screw what can I do to keep the quiver tight. This is the quiver that comes with the excel. 330 package.
Bcxbow

Re: Quiver ?

Post by Bcxbow »

Two things that I did when I was using that quiver was to cut a strip of electrical tape 1/4” wide and long enough to wrap in the groove of the quiver that slides into the mount and wrap the lock down screw threads with plumbers Teflon tape. This didn’t stop the loosening completely but definitely helped in reducing the play and frequency of tightening.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Take the quiver screw out put about a half inch long or so 1/4 inch fuel line hose on the quiver screw ....just enough to keep pressure on the bolt. (Problem solved)
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Take the screw knob that holds the quiver to the bracket and tighten it down as much as you can. This should leave a small mark on the bracket. Remove the bracket from the bow and drill into it without drilling through the other end. Run a tapp through it and replace it onto the bow. Now when you screw the quiver to the bracket you're screwing right into it and it will stay put. It's worked perfectly for me for years. Also, I've put Muffs Fuzzy Stuff (felt with a sticky one side for shelves on vertical bows) on the edges of the quiver piece that fits into the receiver of the bracket. This eliminates any slack and helps secure it better as well as making it quieter.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
tipnchip

Post by tipnchip »

Thanks guys,, will be trying the different things suggested.
tipnchip

Post by tipnchip »

Ok , I did the drill and tap method and seems to working .
thanks again for the help.