Invitation to all for summer crossbow hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Invitation to all for summer crossbow hunt

Post by XB I GO »

I'm home from school because I have a fever but this has given me time to work on this idea.

My brother and I are going to host a crossbow hunt at our ranch in Texas. It's not actually our ranch anymore, my Dad was a partner but since he retired we don't own it but are best friends with the family that does.

We are proposing the second weekend in August this year. Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon based on people's interest.

There are 77 species available at different times on the ranch! We think we should stick to the one's that breed naturally there:

Aoudad, Blackbuck, Axis, Fallow, Hogs. There's also a lot of rams and different kind of goats. The hunt would include airport pick-up at San Antonio, 2 days lodging, guided hunt and one of the animals mentioned. We would use ground blinds and spot and stalk and I might be your guide or someone else. Depending on the species you are interested in you might not need a guide and can sit in a blind alone or with a friend. Everything will be set up for crossbow hunting ranges. We don't use feeders so even blinds will be on trails and you never know what you will see.

There are two private bedrooms (king bed) and three multi-person bedrooms (4 twins or similar). 2 full bathrooms, bar, living room, den and outdoor covered picnic area.

We can do this for $750. Non-Hunters for $200. (That's around half price). Free fishing in the lake with catch and release trophy bass. A non-resident license is $48.

If anyone wants a different species we can figure out the best price. Right now there are Oryx, Bison, Water Buffalo, Zebra, Red Deer and Nigai that I saw.

We also have crossbow targets at 20, 40 and 60 yards and can set up more.

If anyone has interest let me know and I will work this out with my Dad to make it happen.

XB
elkaholic

Re: Invitation to all for summer crossbow hunt

Post by elkaholic »

depending on what I get drawn for here in Az, - a possibility------

great idea hope it all works out-- even a price on a buffalo hunt ?
Normous

Post by Normous »

That is a very cool offer to our forum members, Thank-you kindly. That date conflicts with my Ontario Bear hunt, so, I'm out.

I might add that every hunt that I have been on with other forum members has etched a wonderful memory in my mind and I fully expect your hunt offer will do the same to those able to attend.

Get well soon!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Real nice offer. If it was in October I might be in!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

What Ranch
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hey this is a wonderful offer you are making sounds like a great weekend and opportunity, Being from Michigan I think I would have to drive to get my harvest home , Can we butcher on sight ? I would think August is blazing hot and butchering would have to be done same day or next for sure.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

There’s a walk in cooler and cleaning station.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

XB I GO wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:56 pm
There’s a walk in cooler and cleaning station.
I am jealous I have a a garage and often have to take a day off work to butcher.
It sounds like you have a wonderful set up.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Allan

Post by Allan »

You have zebras in Texas?
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

That is awesome!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

What a great offer , just had my shoulder worked on and even the weight of my Excalibur sounds scary to me right now.
Give it a try,What the heck!