CAMERAS ON CROSSBOWS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cw.abeljr

CAMERAS ON CROSSBOWS

Post by Cw.abeljr »

There was a thread a couple weeks ago about mounts for cameras on crossbows, but my question is what are some of the cameras that you all use on your crossbows. I've seen posts about certain models not having zoom features and deer looking much farther away than they actually are.... Just wondering what a good camera setup is, that won't "break the bank" and give a good view of the hunting experience .... pics would also be appreciated along with the type mount you use. The Munch Mount seems to be a very popular choice......Thanks in advance.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
Normous

Re: CAMERAS ON CROSSBOWS

Post by Normous »

At the ATA show in January I made numerous visits to the TACTACAM booth to look at their new hunt cam that will find a spot on my crossbow this season.

The Ultra HD Cam is small and weighs hardly anything, fits any weapon, works in low light, one touch record and withstands recoil are some of the many features.

Best of all they offer two mounts, a Picatinny Rail Mount and a Under Scope Rail Mount that are perfect for crossbows at a very reasonable cost.

www.tactacam.com
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I use an ActiveOn CX. It was like $60 and it fits in all the Go Pro accessories. We get great video and you can zoom and edit with software. I'll try to post one later so you can see.

Cut and paste this link:

https://vimeo.com/259364051

Same video in Slo Mo:

https://vimeo.com/259367555

This was with the camera on a stick, not on the bow. You can mount it on the scope, quiver, blind, headband, whatever to get a better view.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am
At the ATA show in January I made numerous visits to the TACTACAM booth to look at their new hunt cam that will find a spot on my crossbow this season.

The Ultra HD Cam is small and weighs hardly anything, fits any weapon, works in low light, one touch record and withstands recoil are some of the many features.

Best of all they offer two mounts, a Picatinny Rail Mount and a Under Scope Rail Mount that are perfect for crossbows at a very reasonable cost.

www.tactacam.com
Those look cool!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
catclr

Post by catclr »

I use a AEE s70 action camera. Works with go-pro stuff. Also you don't need special mounts, brackets etc., as you can use one of the two holes in the front, one on left or right. Same holes you mount Danny Millers quiver mount or the Munch mount, but his uses both holes.
Last edited by catclr on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

Are there any other members using different cameras??? Any other pics anyone can post??? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a camera and order a mount from Terry Munch but I would like to get some more input on what works well and what doesn't. I respect the opinions of members here but reading reviews of the cameras sellers on the internet just leaves me wondering which ones to believe. For example I read of one camera where one review the person was saying how great the pics were in low light conditions and then another reviewer said the pics were horrible unless the sun was shining bright......who do you believe.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

I have a hunting version spy-point excel cam. It comes with a few different mounts including a scope mount and a compound bow mount. I first mounted it on the scope, worked ok, I just didn't like how high it was. Than I discovered you can mount the bow mount in one of the holes in the front, with no interference with the limbs at all.
Sean
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am
tracer

Post by tracer »

Search : Spypoint Xcel HD2

4x zoom, low light sensor
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
Noreaster

Post by Noreaster »

I'm using a Tactacam 4.0 with a Hawke picatinny mount. Works great I was able to verify my shot placement on a nice 8 pt last season and filmed 3 other bucks during the course of the season.k
Normous

Post by Normous »

^ Thank you for your field report.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family