Hawke XB30 Compact Thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcxbow

Hawke XB30 Compact Thoughts

Post by Bcxbow »

Wondering if any of you guys that made it to the ATA show had a chance to look at the new Hawke XB30 SR Compact scopes and what are your thoughts on the glass/clarity?

Thanks
Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Carnivorous

Re: Hawke XB30 Compact Thoughts

Post by Carnivorous »

I had a look through it.

Reticle I like but I don't shoot out to 100 yards.
Glass clarity was ok and for hunting it will work.
The yardage numbers are larger than my XB30 pro so that's a plus.

I will be keeping my XB30 pro's though. One thing the compact doesn't have is the aluminum lense covers and for that reason I'm out!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm
I had a look through it.

I will be keeping my XB30 pro's though. One thing the compact doesn't have is the aluminum lense covers and for that reason I'm out!! :)

The lens covers is one of the reason I was/am considering it because on the Hawke site it says they are included. I will contact Hawke for clarification on that.

Thanks for the input. Glad the glass is up to snuff.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Bcxbow wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 pm
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm
I had a look through it.

The lens covers is one of the reason I was/am considering it because on the Hawke site it says they are included. I will contact Hawke for clarification on that.

Thanks for the input. Glad the glass is up to snuff.
Cool! Let us know what they say. If they are the aluminum screw in type I might be in for one. If they are the el-cheapo plastic type I'll pass. I seem to hunt in some really crappy weather and good lense caps are a must have..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Glass clarity is good but not as good as my usual scopes. I do not like the reticle one bit.
I bought this one over the XB30 https://www.vortexcanada.net/en/tactical/riflescopes/strike-eagle/vt-se-1824-1-vortex-strike-eagle-1-8x24-riflescope-ar-bdc-2
I'm confident that it is a better choice in every way performance wise. Warranty is fantastic. I love the reticle! I know it's won't be everyone's cup of tea but I have high hopes for it!

Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Thanks Don & Jeff

Definitely food for thought. I put the vortex crossfire ll on my bulldog to use in tandem with the optimizer and I love the quality and clarity. Also got the Vortex defender lense cover which are without a doubt the most durable and weather resistant non aluminum caps that I’ve ever used.

The scope that was on the 380 I just acquired is better suited for a red Ryder bb gun so it has to go and I really like the multi crosshair reticle s on the new Hawke.

Gathering info and feedback now because it’s probably another month or so before the new products are in stock for retail.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Here is the reply I just got from Hawke. Kind of a bummer unless they are as rugged and weather tight as the defender caps.

Billy

Thanks for your interest in Hawke Sport Optics. Yes the new XB30 Compact comes with new and improved plastic flip caps. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Have a great week

Jes Reeve
877-429-5347
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

I had a good look at the BX30 Compact at the ATA and if I wasn't a big Leupold fan I would put Hawke Compact as my second choice. I did however find it a bit weighty for its size I might add.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Billy

If you are familiar with Butler Creek flip caps they are similar to that quality. The XB30 compacts are do to be in stock by April.

Thanks again for your interest in Hawke Sport Optics.
Not looking good for lens caps.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Bcxbow wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 pm
Billy

If you are familiar with Butler Creek flip caps they are similar to that quality. The XB30 compacts are do to be in stock by April.

Thanks again for your interest in Hawke Sport Optics.
Not looking good for lens caps.
Thanks for the update. You would think Hawke would have learned something about scope caps by now. Screw in flip caps are the way to go. Plastic BC caps are sub par!!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I'm glad I picked up one of the XB30 PRO SR models with the screw in aluminum caps. I really like the scope even though I will rarely shoot past 60 yards.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Boo wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Glass clarity is good but not as good as my usual scopes. I do not like the reticle one bit.
I bought this one over the XB30 https://www.vortexcanada.net/en/tactical/riflescopes/strike-eagle/vt-se-1824-1-vortex-strike-eagle-1-8x24-riflescope-ar-bdc-2
I'm confident that it is a better choice in every way performance wise. Warranty is fantastic. I love the reticle! I know it's won't be everyone's cup of tea but I have high hopes for it!

Like this a lot!!!