Exocet 200 and gator Bolts, Tips, Lines and Floats

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sbox

Exocet 200 and gator Bolts, Tips, Lines and Floats

Post by sbox »

Do any of you have any experience shooting a gator arrow, with line and float attached from your crossbow? If so, Id love to talk to you about your set up, including what your using for a line spool, what's your accuracy, what tip your using etc.

Ive been experimenting with a fiberglass bolt from AMS Bowfishing with a Innerloc grapple point, and 600# muzzy gator line on a homemade spool but 20 yards is about my limit. Are any of you getting accuracy out farther than that?

Ive also been told you need to hit them in the lung/heart area with this set up so they'll start sucking in water when they dive and forced to resurface after the hit.

All comments about your experience will be appreciated and Thank you in advance. sb
Excalibur Micro 380, Exocet 200, Phoenix, Vixen, Vixen II
paulaboutform

Re: Exocet 200 and gator Bolts, Tips, Lines and Floats

Post by paulaboutform »

I wish I had experience hunting gators but sadly I don't. However, I have used the ams fiberglass overfishing arrows and they're fine. Muzzy makes a full solid carbon overfishing arrow that has tighter tolerances and I've found to be more accurate. I suggest checking out the Muzzy website or giving them a call. They're a wealth of knowledge.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.